Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ijo
    Thanks for the info John...

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Actually, Adding to what John said, scallops require an incredible intake of plankton, etc.... so much so that it's literally impossible to keep one more than a year.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

So what time do you exect the order in today?

ijo
    it should be here by 6pm bristleworm

Ivan,
    About the Pink Pociilipora and Orange Digitata frags, do you know if these are tank raised? Have you gotten these exact ones before and if so, how was the coloring? Are you going to bring any frags to the meeting at Fishysan's? I'd be interested in 1 each if they are nice specimens and indeed a PINK and ORANGE....

John,
    I'd also like to add tha Flame Scallops will do better when kept in groups ( although they still won't last in a tank), and they tend to hide in the back of your tank or under the rocks where you can't see them anyways. Lastly, if AND WHEN ( because they will...), die in your tank because they hide most of the time, you'll have a helluva time trying to get it out before it fouls the tank.

Vince,
    While I know you want a clam, I'd like to stress that it's important to not only wait till the tank has fully cycled, but to let it mature too. I think after all you've been through, you'd like the odds to be on your side now. Lots of people will go as far as saying a tank isn't really matured till about after a year!!! I know you don't want to wait THAT long though.

ijo
    As soon as get my PC back up and running... I'll throw a few picks up on the board. The orange digitata frags are tank raised but not the Pocillipora.... and they are indeed Orange and Pink. I'll save you 1 of each and bring them to the next MASO meeting.

IJO

IJO,
    Thanks and I'm coming to the meeting this weekend with Vince.
    As for the frags and just to be sure/clear..., is the Digitata frag a " Montipora Digitata" and for the Pocillipora, I already have 3 different types and one of them is a burgundy/purple with a green sheen to the polyps. If the pink one resembles this, then I wouldn't need another one. ? Do you think you'lll be able to post a pic BEFORE I leave on the morning of the meeting? Do you usually post a pic of the actual coral or is the pic from somewhere else, only the same type? If you will have more than one, is it possible to be able to see them all before picking ( meaning do you live far from Fishysan's house so that we could stop by your place to see them)? I'm asking all these questions because I tend to be a bit anal about the corals I buy/pick/take........:sorry:

By the way, I'm going to be bringing 2 frags of this pocillipora and a bout 3 or 4 frags of a purpleish montipora digitata to the meeting this weekend.

Sorry,
    can't attach a pic in the edit mode up above so here's the pic I was talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Livegoods 08-19-2003-pocillipora-1.jpg  

And here is a pic of the Purple Monti Digi.
    This is the original coral I got as a frag from a friend and the pic is about a year old. The frags are very nice looking and come from this original piece which has grown enormously!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Livegoods 08-19-2003-mauve-monti-digitata1.jpg  

ijo
    nice corals Toutouche... :thumb:

The pocillipora is almost the same as yours except the purple is pink and the green is burgandy/brown. I'll try to get a few pictures up before the meeting. Usually I post pics of the actual specimen but have been using others since my main PC is down.

The digitata frag is Montipora Digitata.. and its orange(pink base with orange polyps).

I'll bring 3-4 pocillipora and a couple orange digitata to the meeting... I'll give you first pick and your more than welcome to stop by after the meeting.. I live roughly 30 minutes away...

I'm interested in your frags... depending on how big they are and how much your asking... I'd also be willing to consider a trade.

Hope this helps.

IJO

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast