Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    ijo
    Powder_Blue... everything arrived in good condition... I don't think your going to want the sexy shrimp.... they look more like food lol... way to small. The Burgandy linkia stars are real nice though... let me know when you would like me to deliver them.

IJO

Ivan,
    Tell you what.... I know I'm going to want the Orange digi for sure... and the Pocillipora, I'll see when I see them. If you do have a color different than what I already have, I'll take one too as these and Milli acros are my favorite corals. Are you familiar with MIllipora Acroporas? If so, you know how cool they look with all those hairy polyps. I have one that is an absolutely intense neon flourescant pink. I'm going to bring you a small branch of it as these grow very fast, and I know people will be wanting them once it's big enough for you to frag.
    Below is a pic of it but this one doesn't do it justice because the polype aren't out in thie pic. You can see the color however, and it's a lot more flaming pink in person.
    Out of curiosity, what do you run as far as lighting on your tanks? My corals are under 400w 20000k Radiums. This Milli was peach beforehand under 250w 6500k Iwasaki's and changed to the pink once I placed the radiums. Also, I've noticed that for Pocilliporas to shimmer the 2 tone, you need good supplemental actinic lighting. I'm running 2 110w VHO's EVEN with my Radiums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Livegoods 08-19-2003-pinkmilli.jpg  

ijo
    very nice Toutouche... if your corals are anything like your pics and the price is just as nice... I'll be interested in whatever you bring down.

I do have a milli... it used to be blue but it turned brown after the crash and still hasn't come back.

right now I'm running a 400watt 65k Iwasaki with 2 110 watt Actinic... I'm thinking on trying the 400 10K or 20k Ushio but not sure what one.

Ohh.. there's a question... will an EYE ballast fire a Ushio bulb? or are they made for Iwasaki only.

IJO

EYE is the company that makes the bulbs for Iwasaki.. so yes.

You need a "regular" ballast.

I'll have a couple available as soon as I finish upgrading my lights if you are interested. I was waiting till I had the change made, and got surplus organized..
    Fishysan ><>
    ---
    180g display main floor, 150g trough, 75g, 20g in basement
    SPS, LPS, softies, many clams & 14 fish
    main: 250w AB DE HQI x 3, 5' x 3 VHO actinic - trough: 400w venki

Ivan,

I do have a milli... it used to be blue but it turned brown after the crash and still hasn't come back.
    Aside from it being brown..., is it othrwise in good condition and healthy? Do you have any small pieces of it? Maybe we can trade mine for yours??? I tend to take some corals sometimes if they are healthy that are brown. It's always a surprise to see what it turns into in your tank and sometimes you luck out and end up with a gorgeous colored coral!!! ( beasides, often I can bargain the price down on an ugly coral because nobody else wants it... :bananadan ) You already know that yours was blue and I'm looking for a blue one. Also, under my Radiums, I tend to easily bring out the purples, pinks, blues, etc... so maybe a frag would bounce back nicely in my tank??!!!

As for the 65k Saki's, I know the 250w one is actually Mercury vapor bulb and not MH but the 400w is MH. 65k tends to give you lots of browns and greens only in corals. I think you'll be much happier going with a higher range bulb if you like colors. Do you not like Radiums?? I love them and will always stay with them. I know some people say that they are too blue, but I am actually running 2 110w VHO actinics alongside them because I don't find the Radiums give ENOUGH actinic to flouresce the corals. Vince has also seen my tank lots of times and he agrees about this. It still looks white even with the actinics.

I can't answer you right now about the ballast ( simply because I don't know), but if ya want I can always ask around for you.

Cool G..

PFO makes 3 types of ballasts.

EYE for Iwasaki/EYE bulbs
    Regular for wotever (EYE/Ushio/Venture)
    HQI for DE or Radium, or Ushio too, any bulb to overdrive them if they don't NEED HQI.

You could always try it.

OR ask PFO if you can change the cap or something in your ballast so it works with everything? Likely the transformer's specific though. So you might be screwed.

My PFO HQI ballast has a igniter, cap, and transformer that states it's HQI.
    Fishysan ><>
    ---

ijo
    Toutouche: The Milli is doing fine.. I'll frag a nice piece and bring it to the MASO meeting.

I made a mistake when I said 20k Ushio... I ment 20k Radium. Thanks for the lighting tip... I think I'm gonna give these puppies a try... From that fishysan said it looks like I'll have to get myself an HQI ballast.

Fishysan: Even though I'm going towards the 20k radium.. I'm still interested in the ballasts you will have left over after the switch. I plan to have many setups at the new house and figured these will help. Thanks for the lighting info... I'm sure a few others will benefit from it. Let me know when your ready.

IJO

If you want the radiums to be "whitish" and not blue (actinic 400w), you need to drive them with HQI ballasts ya. Then, they last 6-8 months as they are being over driven. Greg can speak up about that since he has actual experience with them.

My favorite has been the Aqualine Busche bulb over time.

Ok, cool about my surplus, I'll let you know. I need to work all that out in the next month or so. I've got too much good crap I'm not using or soon to not using and need to prep it to sell.
    Fishysan ><>
    ---

Sean,
    Just IMO but for me the Radiums burn a nice white all by themselves and without overdriving them. Granted, it will be even MORE white if you overdive them, but as you said, it can get expensive to change them that often. I run mine on Blueline e ballasts ( I know...., I know...., I'm finding out like everyone else that these ballasts are starting to not be so good afterall). The only time they were too blue for my liking was when they are new and you have to break them in for a few weeks, after that they become a whiter light. Then again, it's all relative to personal taste and this is why I think lighting is such a big issue/debate. Everyone sees things differently and no 2 pairs of eyes see exactly the same.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Fishy...

So you like the AB's over the Ushio's? Is that what you're running on your tank now? I've been contemplating upgrading my Iwasaki 65k's to the 10k AB's, but havn't had a chance to see them in person. I've seen Ushio's, and wasn't very impressed with the color difference between them and a 65k. I've heard the AB's are whiter than the Ushio's, and that they may even be around the 12k spectrum once burned in.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast