ijo

Penn Plax: Silent Air B11

[IMG]../../osCommerce/images/PennPlax_AirPump.gif[/IMG]

A dozen of these are due to arrive today and I don't expect them to last long... let me know if you want me to hold any for you.

IJO

air pumps

hld 2 for me plz. Thanks.

Keeps the bubbles on ? I though bubbles in a salt tank were bad ? Is this just used as a pump for waterflow ?

ijo
    This will keep the much needed oxygen your tank needs in case of a power outage... the pump will turn on as soon as the power goes out. A lot of livestock could have been saved with this little piece of equipement during our last power outage.

IJO

I have my maxijets completely submerged in my tank and the top holes plugged... should something (tube maybe?) be attached in order for the oxygen to flow in ? I think i'm missing something here....

ijo
    All my MJ's are also fully submerged... water movment adds oxygen into the water. What you want to stay away from are micro bubbles... if I remember correctly.. the MJ's created these when I installed the air tube.

During a power outage you have no movment and the oxygen will eventually be depleted. These PP air pumps will add oxigen to the water(less the micro bubbles)... its not the best solution but an extremely cheap piece of equipment compared to a battery backup or generator. It essentially buys you time. hope this helps.

IJO

Cool price, whats da price

I'll take 2 as well.

How much are you selling these for?

I just bought a Hagen battery powered air pump at Super Pet for $12.00. Runs on two 'D' batteries (not included).

Though they do not automatically switch on when the power goes out. You have to manually put the airstone in and attach the airline tubing to the unit, install the batteries and turn the thing on.

My backup UPS system will run a powerhead for approx. 3.5 hours, enough time for me to get home and setup the air pump.

There are two such air pumps left at the Super Pet store in the new Barrhaven mall, if anyone missed out on IJO's There might be more at Petsmart at Merivale and Hunt Club.
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

ijo
    These are from Penn Plax ... they retail for $18.99.. I only have 2 left but can have another order in this week if more are interested.

I'll be adding a ton of new products to our shopping cart over the next few weeks. Click here for more details on this pump.

IJO

ijo
    The shipment has arrived... those of you who have items on hold... please call, email, PM me to book a pickup time.

IJO