Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBJ Nano Cube

ijo

JBJ Nano Cube

Aquaria Canada will be placing an order for these JBJ Nano cubes within the next couple weeks... This elegant nano offers panoramic viewing with smooth rounded glass corners with the necessary filtration, lighting, and circulation for a thriving mini biotope. They will retail for 199.99... preorder and recieve a extra $20 in AC credit.

Click Nanocube Manual to view the Nano specs. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or greater to view this document. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can click here to download it for free.

cool, its a whole mini-system. great for an office desk or the like.
    Albert
    My Photos

I saw one in person, very nice.

ijo
    Well.. AC got its first formal complaint... it looks like the local competition does not like what were doing as apposed to pricing these cubes... (I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about). The good news about this complaint is we must be doing something right for them to actually go as far as to file a complaint

Unfortunately I will have to remove the $20 credit from the JBJ Cube.

The new offer is:
    Preorder 'ANY' aquarium and recieve a $25 discount towards livegoods. This is a temparary sale and it will end December 31, 2003. Merry Christmas!!!

IJO

Who complained? Big Als?
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.
    DIY Calcium Reactor, Nielson Reactor and Skimmer

ijo
    Big Als doesn't sell those cubes and if they did.. they would be asking $300... lol

IJO

Was it Marinescapes?
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.

I don't understand why there was a problem. Companies give offers such as store credit all the time. And it is not uncommon to have a loss leader to attract new business. Especially with a new item.
    Nick

Ivan you should be able to do what you want with your pricing. Suppliers can't dictate your selling price. Especially since you are working off 40 margins now which is still healthy enough. If you were really undercutting the comps then I could see it. Cost plus 10% maybe. But at your prices I don't understand why or how a LFS could complain?
    ________

ijo
    I hear you nickb and reeferboy... but this isn't the first time I've heard of LFS doing this... I can understand why a company might be a little ticked competing against someone with zero to little overhead... but AC is not in the business of taking people out of business... we just help keep everyone honest.

Retail outlets have the advantage of customers stoping in at anytime... some customers will not purchase online and prefer to view their corals before they buy... online shops have to take pictures(time consuming) and sales are based on clients who surf the net... they do have a few of their own advantages like very low overhead which in turn the ability to sell at lower rates. Their client base is also much bigger.. eg our market is Canada where as a LFS will get 50 miles or so around a city.

What we plan to do is offer items on sale each and every month... could be livestock... salt.. tanks... whatever... at times we will sell below cost... its our business if I want to lose money on something... but to go as far as asking your supplier(who also happens to be mine) to call me up and tell me to raise my prices or chance at losing him/her as a supplier is just dirty business(then again.. who said business had to be clean... hehe)

I'm not sure if you've noticed... but prices for marine live and drygoods have dropped in the last few months... maybe there's a connection.. maybe not. Life goes on... and so will AC

IJO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast