Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar

Zeovit vs. fauna marin--pros. cons??

OK, i have decided to not get a cal reactor and go with the zeovit or the fauna method. now trying to decide which brand to use and follow through with.
    any feedback on pros and cons of each system?

BWI
    The thing with Fauna you know what you are getting. All their products are very clean and very strong because they are pure!

Building Quality not Quantity

Both methods will accomplish an ultra low nutrient system.

I decided to go with Fauna Marin because of the local support.
    29g Biocube, 2x90w Aqua Illumination LED light modules, Vortech MP20, Sapphire BC29 skimmer, GHL Profilux Plus II with 3pump doser.

I second the goose. I only chose fauna marin because if I had questions I have local seller that can get answers from the reps or company faster than I alone could.
    After about 8 months of using fauna marin products I can say they do deliver what they say. PROVIDED you keep up with it. Every time i stop being consistent my tank looks like crap and fast. Of course crap for me might be a little different than most, but it is noticeable.
    Good luck they are both good products.
    Jay

Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar
    support is big. here there is a LFS who uses the zeovit system in the store display and is very knowlegable on the system as well there is a zeo website for support. as for the fauna system it has web support, however, the local LFS do not have a handle on it. YET! they are working on it though.

Always buy products that you can see in action in a tank you respect.And preferably one in a dealers tank, they will always be able to deal with your inquiries and problems faster adn probably with more accuracy than any forum.
    Jay

liv
    Any of you guys seen it in action or have tested it ?
    For a while I was contemplating the idea.. but figured I'd wait a while longer for more results or to see it with my own eyes.

post pics of before and after if you got some.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Which are you talking about? zeo or fauna marin. I have 8+mos of fauna marin. And I really do believe it to be a decent product. All nasty levels in my tank are undetectable. I feed like a drunk sailor (but do have a large skimmer), and my corals have really never looked quite as hmmm. vibrant. I have also been using a good deal of their foods and am keeping corals I wouldn't have touched before. But again I stress you need to keep it up. If your the type that will get lazy from week to week, then both these products are not for you.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by upthecreekwithoutapaddle View Post
    support is big. here there is a LFS who uses the zeovit system in the store display and is very knowlegable on the system as well there is a zeo website for support. as for the fauna system it has web support, however, the local LFS do not have a handle on it. YET! they are working on it though.
    There are WAY more people using zeovit compared to fauna marin. I wish more people would try it because then we can learn more about it.

The zeovit forums are very active.
    29g Biocube, 2x90w Aqua Illumination LED light modules, Vortech MP20, Sapphire BC29 skimmer, GHL Profilux Plus II with 3pump doser.