Tunze turbelle stream 6101 - 309.99

Just thought a few persons here might like to know that the tunze 6101 is on sale at JandL for 309.99 (I haven't found it cheaper and new anywhere else). They will also price match on the controller if you point out this link to them.

I know it's not a ton of savings but it helped convince me to pick up two 6101s and the multi controller. Also it's free shipping and you only get charged for GST since they're in BC. They also have a few of the older 6000 series pumps for 269.10. Hope this helps and I hope someone else doesn't point out a better deal elswhere. lol

Mike
    That's it for now, keep reef'n

My Tank

You will not regret that purchase. I origionally had the 6000 pumps but ubgraded them to 6100's by purchasing new transformers from reefexotics.com. If I ever get a larger tank, I will be adding 2 more, or mabey a wavebox.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by swiseman View Post
    You will not regret that purchase. I origionally had the 6000 pumps but ubgraded them to 6100's by purchasing new transformers from reefexotics.com. If I ever get a larger tank, I will be adding 2 more, or mabey a wavebox.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to plan for. I don't even have my own place yet but I already have the permision to set up a 200+ gallon tank so I'm more or less hoping to use these pumps and more on the controller in the larger tank instead of killing countless inferior powerheads now lol.

I was going to go with the controllable Koralias but they actually cost more than the Tunzes when it comes to larger tanks believe it or not.

Allow me to explain
    Hydor
    For four controllable koralias you need two controllers =340.95 x 2
    each of the koralia power heads = 67.95 x 4

Tunze
    One multicontroller that can power up to four (eight with adapter) pumps = 279.95
    two 6101s which put out comparable to 4 koralias = 366.70 x 2

* the price of the Hydors is slightly less at this point but try going beyond this and add more pumps to each configuration (remember each hydor controller only supports two units and one tunze 6101 puts out a max flow comparable, more actually, than two of the Koralia 4s), Tunzes end up being cheaper! (not to mention the fact that Tunzes are known and trusted when it comes to aquaria as opposed to Hydor who is still relatively new)

Disclaimer, in no way do I dislike Hydor I just dont see how they can justify such a price given that they are so new to the business. I guess for smaller tanks it kinda makes more sense??? Prices (CDN$) were taken from JandL for reference.
    That's it for now, keep reef'n

My Tank

ijo
    Has anyone seen the tunze 5024 nano pumps in Canada? I've been looking a while now with no luck.

IJO