Custom Cut Glass or other material?

anyone know of a reliable place that cuts glass to specific dimensions and can cut teeth structures into a piece? (in the ottawa area)

on that note, i assume acrylic doesnt easily bond to glass as glass seals with silcone while acrylic uses a liquid that actually bonds and melts the two pieces together..?

and does any know of any easily cut materal similar to pvc pipe or some sort of plastic that will bond to glass with silcone, is readily available and that can be cut with common tools (dremmel or somethingfor the teeth and a saw for the dimensions)that could be used to build baffles and an over flow in a sump?

thanks!

A lot of people have been using "egg crate" for overflows. Egg crate is used for light diffusers on florescent lighting and it comes in either black or white in 2x4 foot sheets. The easiest place I've found it at is Rona.

i was looking to add baffles and a divider between my refug and return
    egg crate could be used as a barrier between the refug and return but i still need materials to section the tank off

Smile

you can use acrylic and glass with silicone as long as theres not much force [flow]. as you know silicone doesn't bound well with acrylic.

BROWN & MACFARLANE are good at cutting as well as ORLEANS GLASS.

its going to be used in the sump the first chamber will be the skimmer its connected to a mag 7 so i'm not srue how much flow i'd get there i plan for 3 baffles, the second part would be the refuge the flow there will be the bleed off from the return pump which i think i'll use a mag 9.5 so again not exactly sure of the flow rate

Theres this one place that makes custom cuts with mainly plexiglass on lisgar, i dont remeber exact location or name but its between kent and bronson i belive.

Quote Originally Posted by chujai
    Theres this one place that makes custom cuts with mainly plexiglass on lisgar, i dont remeber exact location or name but its between kent and bronson i belive.
    Canus Plastics at 300 lisgar, this is exactly where i went. Good people.