Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Finall done diy stand

Finally done my diy stand for my 90 gallon tank. It took us five months but well worth the wait. What took us the longest is all the beer drinking, and why my friend stopped is because he was remodeling his house. So as my payment for helping me with my stand is I helped him with his house. You know it takes you five months to make it and then it only takes one second to brake it. The reason I say that is when we were taken the stand to my house in the truck. We were backing up and the stand fell and broke one door. What a shame but we will make another one. There is still a couple little things to do too the stand but nothing big. I think it looks great. I'm going to post some pictures tell me what you guys think about it. I'm also going to throw in some pics of my new friends I acquired. Now I'm looking into getting someone to cut the holes in my tank and give me advice where the holes should be. If anyone knows of someone get a hold of me please. Thanks.. :clap2:
    rayzzfish..

Ahh yes Beer had been the diet of many DIY projects. Personally I think the project come out better with a couple "Down Range" Well till the next morning. LOL Can't wait to see the pictures. I can't believe that you did all that typing and never even put up a teaser!! Gee's. Congrats.
    Where are you located? For hole drilling?
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Sorry pics are in my members gallery. Yes about my location I'm about 45 mins from Ottawa.
    rayzzfish. :biggrinbo

I know that OSD use to do it in the Ottawa area but he hasen't been on here in a few months. You could probably pm him and see what he says. There's always the option of carting your tank to a glass place. There's two options. Oh and you could always do it yourself. It's way easier than it sounds. There's a thread on here somewhere when I did mine. I'll try to find it for ya. Really easy. The hardest things was the noise.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Great job on the stand !!! looks GOOD. Yes I do still exist and do drop by from time to time to look around. Been VERY busy lately. Also still drilling tanks. Did one just the other day in fact.
    Rob

Great to see you back OSD.
    I found that thread that I was talking about. There's lots of pictures too just to make it a little easier. But then again if OSD is still drilling tanks it would be alot easier to take to to his house and get it done. I've heard nothing but good things about his drilling. (OK get all the dirty thoughts out of your head!!!!)

Here it is anyway!!
    http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...drilling+glass

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Good job on te stand. Looks like the beer didnt get the best of you anyways

Myself, I smoked many a joints while doing my dyi stand, and well, the result is, my tank has been on it for almost 2 years but its still not done, I guess that stuff is known to cut into your motivation not to mention lower your overall standards for whats acceptable(great while camping)
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Your not from BC are you LOLOLOLOL. JK
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Quote Originally Posted by reefsurfer
    Good job on te stand. Looks like the beer didnt get the best of you anyways

Myself, I smoked many a joints while doing my dyi stand, and well, the result is, my tank has been on it for almost 2 years but its still not done,
    Your not from BC are you?????LOLOLOLOL
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

People have been asking me if I'm putting a sump under my unit. The answer is yes I am. I putting a thirty gallon sump. And to the second question I have been asked is there any removable panels yes there is so I can put the sump in. I just can't wait to get it running. :biggrinbo
    rayzzfish...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast