Redbelly DIY liverock

Has anyone tried it?
    Is it worth it?

Thinking of picking up a piece to put in my 10gal. nano.
    Looking for info/advice.

Thanks all!
    10gal. Freshwater "Guppies"
    37gal Oceanic Saltwater Reef (in the work)
    125gal. Saltwater "Reef" (Shared tank with my dad...lol)

liv
    i've seen some in a newly setup tank.
    looks absolutely amazing !

but, make sure its been cycled.. or if not you will have to do that yourself.
    the tank i've seen had nothing in it and ph was 9.1 constant .. will take a good few weeks/month(s) for the rock to stop leaching stuff.. but its beautiful and comes in any shape you could possibly want.

Thumbs up for Pat for making aragocrete! another step in the right direction.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I've seen many pieces of this rock and they looked very good. Pat has some pieces at various stages of curing. Since this is for a nano, I would ask Pat if he has anything ready for your use.

Good luck.
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff

I got one of the first peices, a great long arch he made for me. Really great peices. Just left there and he now has a ton of it available and fully cured. Very nice and intriguing shaped peices. And you can get some great sps to go with them.
    Can you tell I'm looking for some kick backs there Patrick.
    Jason

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    I actually have rock in three stages right now:
    Uncured $3/lb
    Fully Cured $4/lb
    Fully Cured and seaded $5

Curing time is very dependant on how much you change the water, what your tap water ph is and so on. I had a bit of a problem here as my tap water is actually 9.4 so I have to dose with vinegar. When I dose with vinegar I drop my ph to about 6 and let it rise.

For the first week I change the water daily.
    After that it is about every other day.

Now keep in mind I use a ph monitor on my rock bin so i can see exactly wat is going on at all times.
    For the first 2 days I would drop the ph to 6 twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. By each morning/evening the ph would be back up above 10.

For the next week-2 weeks the ph would be in the 9's. But I would dose the rock bin as needed which was usually every day right after i changed the water as the water I was adding already had a ph of 9.4

If you dont change the water regularily you can expect the curing process to take a lot longer. I am not sure how long to be honest as I havent tried it but i can imagine that it wont be quick.

If you want a small piece of rock you can just put it in the resevoir on the back of the toilet and you will be performing multiple water changes every day

Last night I moved over 300 lbs of fully cured diy rock into my system. As I have been a bit busy I have not been as as punctual with my water changes so this batch of rock took 3 weeks to cure. It has been in my system now for 24 hours and the ph has not changed at all.

I will post some pics tonight, But I have some seeded DIY rock that has been in my system now for 2 weeks and is about 30% covered in coraline and I have a nano backdrop that has been in my system for about a month now and is about 85% cobered in coraline.
    Hours:
    Saturdays: 10am - 6pm
    Sundays: 10am - 12pm "Salty Sundays"
    Sundays: 12pm - 6pm

Contact us at:
    613-884-SALT
    613-884-7258

GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelly View Post
    I actually have rock in three stages right now:
    Uncured $3/lb
    Fully Cured $4/lb
    Fully Cured and seaded $5

Curing time is very dependant on how much you change the water, what your tap water ph is and so on. I had a bit of a problem here as my tap water is actually 9.4 so I have to dose with vinegar. When I dose with vinegar I drop my ph to about 6 and let it rise.

For the first week I change the water daily.
    After that it is about every other day.

Now keep in mind I use a ph monitor on my rock bin so i can see exactly wat is going on at all times.
    For the first 2 days I would drop the ph to 6 twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. By each morning/evening the ph would be back up above 10.

For the next week-2 weeks the ph would be in the 9's. But I would dose the rock bin as needed which was usually every day right after i changed the water as the water I was adding already had a ph of 9.4

If you dont change the water regularily you can expect the curing process to take a lot longer. I am not sure how long to be honest as I havent tried it but i can imagine that it wont be quick.

If you want a small piece of rock you can just put it in the resevoir on the back of the toilet and you will be performing multiple water changes every day

Last night I moved over 300 lbs of fully cured diy rock into my system. As I have been a bit busy I have not been as as punctual with my water changes so this batch of rock took 3 weeks to cure. It has been in my system now for 24 hours and the ph has not changed at all.

I will post some pics tonight, But I have some seeded DIY rock that has been in my system now for 2 weeks and is about 30% covered in coraline and I have a nano backdrop that has been in my system for about a month now and is about 85% cobered in coraline.
    I had a look at this rock tonight at Pat's - Great looking stuff!