1\2 pvc question

i'm going to be plumbing the return on my 25 gal nano with 1\2 pvc. Whats the best way to join this to say a mag7 pump? I would prefer to use flex tubing from the pump to some type of a fitting near the back of the tank where it will then switch to 1\2 pvc. Do they make a hose barb type fitting that can be glued on to the 1\2 pvc piping to easy connect to hose? I'm thinking of going with 2 return outlets using a "T". also considering being creative and going with spray bar type design incorporated in with the 1\2 pvc.

if anyone has any pics of over the top returns on a small tank i would appreciate seeing a few pics.

thanks

As far as I know, there are couplings you can get that go to female pipe thread, or male pipe thread to adapt with the right fittings to a flex hose.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

BWI
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    i'm going to be plumbing the return on my 25 gal nano with 1\2 pvc. Whats the best way to join this to say a mag7 pump? I would prefer to use flex tubing from the pump to some type of a fitting near the back of the tank where it will then switch to 1\2 pvc. Do they make a hose barb type fitting that can be glued on to the 1\2 pvc piping to easy connect to hose? I'm thinking of going with 2 return outlets using a "T". also considering being creative and going with spray bar type design incorporated in with the 1\2 pvc.

if anyone has any pics of over the top returns on a small tank i would appreciate seeing a few pics.

thanks
    you need the female slip x FIPT adapter and also the insert x male adapter for the poly hose and a little T tape and your golden!

PVC female adapter from us $0.38
    male poly insert(not on the site) $0.53

HTH

Tyler

Building Quality not Quantity