Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Resolved my Canopy issues!

So i have found the way i can keep my canopy with out messing with the finised look that i like!!

IM going to cut out a hole in the top of hte canopy.. and hang a Single Pendant with my halide in it.. so that way the bulb will be sitting 8 inches from the water line and it will leave room for the correct cooling!

and you feel that having a pendant hanging over it will allow it to look the same .....
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

NO the exaxt same look.. lol,

But, i really don't have the time nore the money to make a new canopy.. But that is somthing eles that im looking at!

Go for it Mike, as long as it's safer than that last installation ...

I didn't want to criticize your paint stirring stick VHO endcap support DIY last time cause everyone thought it was fantastic... didn't I say they would warp or split .... dump that Mickey Mouse stick thingy and build yourself some nice solid end cap supports.

I feel a little guilty about not damning that installation back then before the fire.... now in the future I may be a little more critical in order that more people don't copy that stream of thought and have their own little indoor BBQs .... :

Do it right and do it safe, sometimes when we think we're saving money we're setting ourselves up for a big surprise a little farther down the road..... you're real lucky to have caught that halide installation in time.... I din't realize when you said you had it 3" from the water that it was also about a 1/4" from the canopy ...

YUP.. lol,

3 inche from the bulb to the bottom of the bulb, 2 inches bulb thickness and then 1/2 from the top of the bulb and the canopy..

See the problem i have is the clearence.. and i like to have a canopy that opens complelty in the front to access the talk.. with be being a big guy i like to have lots of room to move.

Here you can see my canopy with the canoy closed..

And then here with the canopy open!

Its an unfisnished basement.. lol

Mmmmmmmmm, we'll have to think about that one ....

But you see what i mean... Kinda no room.. and you all seen me im a big guy... and to have access through only a little doors dont work.. i need a canopy that does the 30/70 split

But i will see with Xmas comming.. Usally i get home depo gift cards.. lol, So i might be able to get some goodies there.. will have to see! I know by going with ahigher canopy im going to get more spread with my halide.. right now it soo low..

I MUST agree with Van. Why dont you post us some proper pics of your canopy/tank. And lets pool our ideas to re-do this thing properly, and SAFELY.

aww...

But it is safe..

For my setup.. see i dont have anything in the tank but corals.. so i have no splashing or what not.. So im more than safe with the halide so close to the water.. and now with the new reflector.. im good with heat!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast