Looking for a Mag7

I've recently decided to add a sump to my main tank. I'm looking for a mag7 to return the water from the sump to the tank.

Does anyone know where I can get one in Ottawa. Or any suggestions for alternatives. I need to move about 500-600 gph with about 3 feet of head.

ijo
    I would check with Marinescape, Ottawa Inverts or AquaValley. Mops is out of town but definately has them in stock and the shipping prices are great(you should have it within a couple days). I have a used mag 5 if your interested.

IJO

A mag 5 may do the trick. How old is it? What kind of condition is it in?

A mag 5 would have just under 400 gph after pumping the water back up form the sump. That should be plenty. My tank is only 30 gal and I'm adding a 10 gal sump. The only reason that I was looking for a bigger one was because my new DIY overflow box can handle about 600 gph, but its not really necessary. Come to think about it 600 gph in a 30 gal may be a bit much.

Any opinions on this, how much flow is too much? Right now I only have a maxijet 1200 in the tank.

ijo
    I could be ok with a mag 5 or 7 (I like the 700 better myself). You should be carefull about the overflow box... I tend to lean towards a drilled tank instead of the overflow... much less of a risk.

IJO

I agree... drilled would be ideal. Its not really an option right now. I'm going to be moving in about 6 months and I'll be setting up a new (bigger!!!) tank then and it will be drilled! This is just to keep me going 'till then. I don't feel like taking the tank apart to drill a 30 gallon tank. My main goal was to do it cheep and easy.

I built my overflow box following the guidelines at melev's reef (http://www.melevsreef.com/). So far it's been running into the sink without any problems. I'm going to the risk of it going Noah on me.