Reef Safe Paint?

I've heard that Krylon Fusion is safe to go on things inside the tank; i.e. overflow. I have also heard that any 100% latex paint is safe. However, before I read this I painted the background of my tank (on the outer surface) with Krylon H2O Latex paint. This is 100% acrylic latex paint... I've now built a DIY overflow and want to paint it to blend in with the background but I'm not sure if the Krylon H2O Latex paint will harm my livestock... This may be a stupid question seeing as how some tanks are made entirely of acrylic :b10:, but nonetheless I don't want to risk disaster.

I've read that regardless of whether or not my paint is reef safe I could always use a clear epoxy or polyurethane paint over top, even if this is true I'd like to avoid the extra hassle if possible.

I should add that the can doesn't say anything about it containing anti-mildew/anti-fungal additives.

Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!

liv
    Why not paint the outside ?
    also.. search the net, there is a special type of paint that binds to glass... it etches the surface so it can't be easily removed. personally thats what I'd do.
    or add an acrylic sheet inside the tank.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Sorry, I should clarify:
    I have already painted the background on the outside of the tank- I'm not worried about that.
    My question deals with painting the DIY overflow (made out of PVC) that will be in contact with the tank water constantly. Sorry if I was a bit confusing :b2:

liv
    why not get black pvc ?
    if its already built, then I think I'd try a paint that binds to plastic like the krylon like you mentionned before. as for leaching nasty stuff.. you could always coat it with something that you know will not react. But I bet that would be fine.
    with time it will most likely cover with coraline anyway.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

The background is blue so black pvc doesn't do me any good. The Krylon H2O Latex will bond to the pvc, my only concern is leaching, although Krylon brags about this type of paint being environmentally friendly.. I don't entirely trust it in an aquarium. Any suggestions of something to coat it with? A specific product name would be great.
    I wish I could fast forward the coralline growth... but for now it's quite an eyesore..

Maybe instead of painting the PVC you can coat it with a thin layer of aquarium safe epoxy or silicone and cover it in sand ? This would give it a bit more of a natural look.

I'm thinking of trying this myself to cover up plumbing inside the tank but am not currently set up. I have not seen this done anywhere that i know of so I don't have any pictures. Just a thought though !