Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adding LED to BioCube 29 ???

Still in the process of impoving my BioCube 29. So far the Tank is amazing but the light could be improved. I was thinking to add the following to the Tank: Current Usa 12" TrueLumen Pro LED Strip Light, Marine Fusion 12K White/Actinic Blue Combo. I was hoping to glue LED strip in the Canopy front door and the second one between the existing lights. Any thoughts ? any suggestion. It seem like an easy way to add lights to the tank. I not that expensive +/- 75$ for the set and low power consumption !

ijo
    I have a 12 gallon nano retrofitted with LEDs. Marinescape also has a small tank on display. The thought of never replacing the lamps is awesome!! I think the idea of adding LED to your setup is great. go for it!

IJO

Adding LED to BioCube 29

Cool thanks for the answer. Now how about the colour of the Coral. Do you think that 12K White/Actinic Blue Combo is Ok or should I also thry to add some type of black light ? I was also considering keeping the PC lights that are already there. This would give me more light !

Cool thanks for the answer. Now how about the colour of the Coral. Do you think that 12K White/Actinic Blue Combo is Ok or should I also thry to add some type of black light ? I was also considering keeping the PC lights that are already there. This would give me more light !

ijo
    Hard to answer... If they have a dimmer switch i would go with 50% blue and 50% white and the dial in the color you like... Stay away from a black light... Andd another strip of blue if you want more of a 20k look

IJO

Angry Where not to Buy LED !

Following up on my BIOCUBE LED mod attempt: Finally got a couple of weeks ago the box from Aquariumplants.com with what I tought would be my TruLumen 12" LED strip.....well seems not the box only had the PowerSupply, no LED's ! Called them back they were suppose to send a new strip back that I never got ! Ended up calling AMEX to block the transaction !!! Very poor follow up from Aquariumplants.com. Ended up buying ReefBrite LED (this was obsously the right thing to do !) Now one lesson out of this ! Some of those only site SUCKS ! beware.

liv
    ya.. tons of good comments on reefbrite led's.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Hi,

I went the same way on my Biocube 14G... I've install two reefbrite in the canopy (one 50/50 and one actinic). I find it a little too blue and thinking of adding a Ecoexotc Stunner white strip.

Thank you,
    Mart

LED Final assesment

The Canopy conversion is now completed and man It's cool.

1st: in the Area that was housing the PC I've putted 2 15" Artinic Blue ReefBrite LED strip

2nd: in the back between the fan's I've added a 12" 50/50 Reefbrite LED strip

3rd: under the hood I've added a 50/50 True Lumen 12" LED strip and a 12" True white LED strip

Lots of LED and superbrite tank.

ijo
    We need pics!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast