Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004

    Need suggestions!

    I would like to remove a pvc reducer fitting from an existing cemented pumbing setup (actually a skimmer). Has anyone tried, or does anyone know if this can be done?

    If so, any thoughts on how to do this. It is a 2"-1 1/2" reducer.

    The main reason for this is that I have an unused 2" ball valve I would like to use and not have to buy a 1 1/2 valve.


  2. #2
    liv is offline
    Former Moderator liv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    removing cimented stuff.. hmm depends on ciment.
    if it was glued using the stuff for acrylic.. then add some more to it.. it will melt whats already there. if its like crazy glue.. dont know. Ask Harley.

    moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I would close the 1 1/2" with an end cap and drill a new hole. It is clumsy but will work though. Just a thought.


Similar Threads

  1. looking for suggestions
    By upthecreekwithoutapaddle in forum Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
  2. Suggestions needed
    By reefmac in forum Just Getting Started
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 06:39 PM
  3. suggestions please.
    By yellowtang in forum Reef Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 02:20 PM
  4. any suggestions
    By slaterstorch in forum Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
  5. Suggestions please
    By Peter Bomberg in forum Reef Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 10:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts