Thread: Skimmer Issues

Question Skimmer Issues

I had my SEACLONE working just fine before on my 65g. the MAXI1200 was inside the top of the tank with rigid tubing going over the lip of the tank and down to the skimmer.
    NOW! It won't suck in air but rather forces water OUT the little MAXI venturi. It was try'd at various heights but no go. The only different factor is that I'm using tubing with no hard bends so I'm wondering if just this factor alone can cause to much back pressure coming from the skimmer? I wouldn't think so but mother nature is proven me wrong. Any Ideas?
    I lost the rigid tubing part from the original SEACLONE.Any ideas? CONAN has the same issue with his back pack skimmer. A big noisy RIO works for him but nothing else.

I have a Seaclone myself ( do not laugh anyone…….I’m upgrading this Spring for sure) and find it surprising how many people own them in secret! To be honest,, mine has been consistantly removing one full cup of dark, thick,stinky junk every single week.

But water coming out from the venturi, that has me puzzled. Silly question but…..have you tried using another Maxijet1200 in case the pump itself could be the problem?

yeh try'd 2 pumps. It has someything to do with the hard piping and backflow somehow. Maybe because I have less bends with the soft tubing that the water in the skimmer is pushing back were before the MAXI had to push straight up! and over the tank lip threw rigid tubing? don't know?

like johnny said, I've also had this problem...GRRRR.... gets me furious. enough that I don't use my skimmer any longer.... So it would seem that if both me and johnny have this problem, it must be the pump. the thing is that liv has the same kind of setup and it's working very well.

Liv?
    Do or do not. There is no "try" - Jedi Master Yoda

so john, What kind of skimmer will you be using it that mother tank of yours?

Cool conan

6 foot LIFEREEF!

wow, those are some expensive skimmers dude. I was thinking about euroreef... what do you think?

I'm going to put a 5' LifeReef on the tank I'm putting up this summer. How long is the wait these days?
    Susan