the problem with 802's

i've lost livestock in the past to these power heads, most recently a sailfin blenny. The darn power heads are to big and the strainers, well forget them, just too huge. The livestock gets caught in the intake. Well, i've got 2 802's, and short of buying another 2 maxijets 1200's, I came up with this solution.
    i took the strainer tube, and cut off the first 2.5 inches with a drywall knife. The top still screws onto the cylinder part, nice and snug, and by overlapping the bottom of the 2.5 inch barrel a bit, i can cram it into the bottom end cap. the whole thing is about 3", maybe less. I left 5 rows of openings. It is quite sturdy, considering no glue used, and secures to the power head in the usual fashion. Looks great and I think it will work just fine. time will tell. Just one day too late for my poor blenny. But, the next one.....
    (necessity is the mother of bastardism) ha,ha.

ijo

Re: the problem with 802's

I agree salty.. those things are way to big... I had a couple in my main tank for a while... just lately got rid of them and went with 2 maxi 1200's.  The strainer on them are extremely small... yet no problem with any of my livestock getting stuck.... yet..."knock knock"

IJO