Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazzei

Mazzei

I need Mazzei venturi 584.
    Where I can get it locally or by mail order in Canada?
    I am planning to run it with Mag5 so I would like to hear your experience with same or similar combo.

Thx.
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

ijo
    Aqua.. From what i've heard....the Mazzei injectors need a preasure rated pump to run them. They are known to be the best venturi on the market but at the same time the most expensive.

If your interested I could make a few calls tomorrow and get you some pricing.

IJO

That would be great.
    -Confusious

let me know the pricing on those

ijo
    1/2" = $75
    3/4" = $100
    1" = $150

We can get them here ealry next week if anyone is interested. Don't forget... you'll need a preasure rated pump to run them.

liv
    unless you go ultrasound generated microbubbles, i believe the mazzei is the best there is.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Hello all, just wanted to add a few words regarding the Mazzei. I have been using the 1" (don't remember the model number) with a L.G. 4MDXSC for a few years now. I bought mine from the states and the prices quoted you seem very fair to me. They are outstanding. Built like a tank. They also include a spring loaded valve in the air inlet to help prevent water backflow. Amazing amount of bubbles, better than any Beckett I have seen and you do not need nearly as powerful a pump to run it. For the best results feed your skimmer with a seperate pump and use the Mazzei/pump to recirculate water in the skimmer. Remember, its not how much water and bubbles you can push through a skimmer but the amount of bubbles per unit of water that matters. Hope you don't mind me butting in.

ijo
    [welcome]

no problem at all Detritus... welcome to AC

I've tested the 3/4 inch on a MAG 12 and this Mazzei had pushed back the flow a ton... but the bubbles it created was way more than a kent venturi.

I wonder if running a Mazzei on a pump not reated for pressure harms the pump long term

IJO

IJO thanks for your effort. I have red some positive reviews for Mag5 and Mazzei 584 on RC (canít find it now). Since I canít afford to buy 3 ventui valves and 5 pumps to figure out what will work I have to make sure that venturi/pump combo will work for sure.
    Please can you tell me part numbers of these valves so I can try to get an answer from Mazzei which valve they would recommend to run with Mag5?

Pump that I am planning to use should be ~50w and not necessary Mag so any suggestion would be much appreciated.
    -Confusious

Am I the only one that doesn't know what this is for?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast