Thread: my next tank..

liv

my next tank..

I'm having second taughts on the next tank and the specs..
    would like everyones opinion on it.

so far the plans seems to be: replace my current 130g for a 195g corner tank. 40Lx40Lx36H. but because I want starphire front the price more then doubles. so i'm thinking that for less that the price of the normal glass corner I could get something like a big cube or rectangle tank.

any advantages to corner... or advantages to cubes or regular tanks I should know about ??

corner tanks you get the depth.. so the fish swim away from you.. its awsome..

I would like a big corner.. or a big Cube is close second!!

liv
    ya.. the main reason for the corner was to get some space back into my kitchen.. but still like to have a big enough tank to play around in. so I measured to 2" close to the trim to the door and figured 40wide should give lots of room for landscaping.. the second taught comes from the fact that it only has one side to view.. not like a cube which is either 3 or 4 if designed properly.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

36" depth (to the bottom of the tank) could pose a problem for maintenance and general tank work since most people's arms aren't long enough to reach the bottom.

I've seen some really nice cube tanks on RC with some interesting threads about construction, etc.
    Nick

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    While cube tanks and corner tanks are nice, I decided to take up a good deal on a standard 180g (72x24x24). The savings I got let me put more on the equipment to run it.

I was originally going for a corner diamond shaped tank, but due to technical reasons (load-bearing wall), I decided to opt for a standard tank.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!