Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oakland Playsand

Hi all,

I'm new here. It's nice to find a forum close to home (Kingston)!

I have access to some Oakland (Southbound) Sand from HD that I'll be picking up within the next few weeks. If anyone's interested let me know, there's an entire pallet up for grabs in Ithaca, NY where I have a friend grabbing as many bags as possible.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

Troy Stevens
    "I'm Mad!...I'm mad 'cause I cant see my forehead!" ~ Patrick Starfish, Bikini Bottom, Ocean

My bad, momentary lapse of intelligence, Southdown is what I meant.

Troy
    "I'm Mad!...I'm mad 'cause I cant see my forehead!" ~ Patrick Starfish, Bikini Bottom, Ocean

ok, let's try this once more...

I have access to a pallet of Southdown/Newcastle sand for anyone in the Kingston area who's interested. What can I say, I'm new at this...Oakland? Southbound? Oh well you knew what I meant, right?

(gotta love being the new kid on the block!):

Hey reefmac, welcome! I've just started on this board to and from Kingston.

.... how much for the sand?

Hey SloHand,

The bags are around $7.00/50# bag U.S. I don't want to gouge or anything, just cover the cost of the sand and gas. Probably around $15/bag cdn give or take. Sound ok?

Troy

Wouldn't it quicker to drive to Montreal and pick up bomix playsand at Rona Depot? No waiting for US customs, and no waiting for CND when you return

I can check my local store and see just how much they have left

For a comparison of Southdown and bomix see: http://www.maskcanada.org/bomix_southdown/index.html

Hey Ladybug,

Actually for me it wouldn't be quicker. I can incorporate a trip to the states with a visit to family and friends. Also depending on the amount I bring over, I won't have to pay any duty as your allowed so many purchases while your in the U.S.. Also from what I've read between Bomix and Southdown, Southdown is preferable to Bomix because of its random grain sizes, and Bomix tends to get dull in a fairly short period of time.

Don't get me wrong, If there was Bomix locally I would grab several bags to have on hand, but since it's not here, and I'm gonna be in the states anyway, why not grab a few bags?

Troy

well dang...here I was hoping for someone to bring me some arby's and toco bell.

lol,

Well you could always make a trip to Ktown, pick up some Southdown and fill your fast food craving all in one trip

lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast