Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Where da heck do you find black plexi???!!

So I would like to make my overflow box for my nano-cube reef but........ where in da heck do you guys find the black plexi-glass to make them with? Or do I have to get it made?! I've checked Home Depot and other places such as that but with ..... NO LUCK! If it's not one thing it's the other ain't it?!! Ah well I'm patient....... but please... can someone help me out here!?.. thanks
    ReefBizz

Have you tried your local glass shop?
    Adam

Have you asked Harley of Acrylic City Yet?? His link is on the home page. If anyone can get it and at a good price it's Harley
    Rob

If you live in Ottawa, there is Canus plastics that sells it, I know Marty bought some while I was with him last week. They might ship as well.
    Do or do not. There is no "try" - Jedi Master Yoda

Why not just look in your local Yellow pages under plastics? Sometimes auto glass companies or glass manufacturers carry plexi glass too. If not they can often point you in the right direction. :yay: Jeeves

when I worked at Speedy Glass they carried it, not alot but usually had some in stock.
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

try to avoid specialty shops like auto and boat shops. You will pay a premium if you buy from them. Stick to glass / plastic outfitters if at all possible. It really shouldn't be hard to find unless your in the boonies.
    Rob

Reefbizz, did you try Kingston Plate and Glass on Sir John A blvd? I've bought sheets of clear (but never black) from there. The owner loved to chat about aquariums He should be able to do something.

Yeah to tell you the truth guys, I never even thought of the obvious such as glass stores! (I was having a slow day up there!) Especially since it says it right in the name..."plexi_GLASS".... wow
    SloHand, KPlate and Glass is where I got the glass cut for my tank so I'll probably head back there. He does like chattin' about tanks!
    I'll be on that 2morrow...... thanks all
    Health Before All :wink5:

ReefBiz, did you find a supply of black plex? While I'm at it ... where do you get the clear tube/pipes of acrylic like the ones used in DIY skimmers? Is there any places know locally in Kingston?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast