Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My spray manifold for my 120

I figured I would post this to show what I am doing. I have a sequence 1000 1/6 hp pump pushing close to 4500 GPH at 0' of head. I wanted to originally use an ocean motion for wave making, but I will have to wait to get that.

This works well, at least in my test in the tub. I'm going to probably tee most of them off and I will be putting 45 degree and 90 degree angles on them.

-Dazz

This will go on the bottom of the tank? buried in the sand bed? What DIA is the bigger of the tubing?
    Rob

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Interesting, by the looks of it, it will be under the rock and substrate as OSD mentioned... Is that a correct assumption?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Actually, you guys are both wrong. It sits on top of the tank, inside the canopy. The main PVC is 1.5" (couldnt find 2") and the smaller ones are 3/4". This was the first project I got to use my drill press on (after having it a whole year!).

The 3/4" tubing drops down just enough to meet the water line. Really the only things that will be seen are the 45 degree and 90 degree pieces on them.

By having the tubing a loop I keep the pressure for all the outlets relitivly the same, instead of flowing out the end. The only fear I have is that it will be too much flow, but you know what they say, it's pretty hard to have that happen .

Oh and dont mind the duct tape, I have to put a coat of poly down on that part of the floor (it's soft wood). The previous tennants happened to make it start peeling.
    -Dazz

OK .. if it is at the top I think you will find that the outputs MAY stir up your sand bed if the flow is too strong. As for amount of current I think you will be OK as long as the jet streams are not pointed directly at anything in the tank that can not move out of the way. I would go with it under the sand on the bottom.
    Rob

Well, I am planning on pointing the outputs at each other and at the glass. I should get a pretty good flow variance. Only way to find out is to try
    -Dazz

OH ... the nozzles are movable / adjustable then? It looked glued together
    Rob

The down pipes are glued, the tips will just be slipped on. The tips arnt on in the pic. Sorry for the confustion
    -Dazz

OH OK so you got some 45 and or 90 degree elbows to put on the ends of the down tubes. That will do it. Post us a PIC when it's up and running.
    Rob

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Looks good Dazz!
    As OSD said, post a pic of it up and running!
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast