Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dripping Kalk (Valve)

For the folks that have dripped kalk...what are you using to control the drip rate, assuming that your not using a Kent doser.

The gate valve (from Home Depot) I currently use is too stubborn to adjust which makes it difficult to set it to the exact drip rate that I'd like. I've tried a few pharmacies to see if they stocked the control for IV drips, but nobody had stock.

Any recommendations on what and where?
    Keep passing the open windows!

why not just use the kent doser? you can try using an airline tube and tying a knot in it to slow the drip rate (the tighter the knot, the slower the rate) but that may easily get clogged with time.
    Albert
    My Photos

Air valves are cheap & it's usually what's suggested for a DIY Kalk dripper. Just use the plastic ones.

Somebody also suggested cutting two small wood blocks, drill a hole in them and tighten them using a wing nut & bolt.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Because I have a kalk reactor that I'm currently using...but it's not auto it's drip. (also, I'm not big on giving Kent $30+ for a plastic container and a valve when I only require the valve). The knot method is less accurate and more fuss than the gate valve I'm currently using. I'd like to see if there's something better out there.

Thanks Krugar, I'll try that...are they readily available at any hardware store?

pubber

your using a KALK reactor so how are you gone to control drip on that? is it not set for your topoff? thats the way there supposed to work no?

Plastic air valves? They're $0.50 at the LFS. Wing nuts, bolts & wood can definately be found an any hardware store

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I also use an air valve for my DIY Kalk dripper...never had a problem except when I open the valve too much at the beginning and the little screw comes out....doh!

Johnny...your right, most often it's by topoff, but I'm not currently set up to handle that so I have a large reservoir that's positioned above the reactor...the pressure forces the water into the reactor and back out to where it drips into the tank. Works fine...except I need a better valve.

Cool

ahh, I see. I got my IV kit from a pharmacy on DALHOUSIE and YORK. going down DALHOUSIE its about 1 block or so on the left hand side. I found those drips always clogged after awhile. I'm not a big fan of the reactors. I just mix it in my toppoff and it has plenty of time to mix in my 2 sumps before going back to the tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast