Float Valve.....

Hi

I have the Home version of the Aquasafe RO/DI Unit -- which is basically the one with the tank and the shutoff valve.

I currently have to manually open a tap and drip RO in the sump directly until the tank empties and sometimes even longer (depending on how much top-off I need)

I'm looking to drop a Kent float valve at the end of that instead.. How precise is it? why does it say "not for water level control...." and why is there a check valve if you buy the full kit. I already have the shutoff valve...

Thanks
    Eric

I have the kent valve, just the float never had a problem. Working for 5 months now. I also have the same ro/di unit from aquasafe with the 4 gallon tank.
    Jason

Eric are you able to tee off at a point in the system and run the tap and a float valve.I was thinking of tapping in probably before the shutoff valve supplied with the RO unit going to the tap and a new branch would be used for the kent float valve. This way you could enjoy good drinking water and have a supply for the aquarium!
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

YOu can also buy the float valves from Home Depot. They are "Wait" brand valves made for humidifiers. They are about $6. I've used mine for about 6 months now without any major problems.

do you have a plumming supplier in your area?commercial.ask for a humidifier float all plastic type ajustable.refac sells them.

anybody knows why the kent Kit comes with a check valve? Do we require that?????