Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No Drilling closed loop

Consists of a manifold of perhaps 1.5 inch PVC pipe or CPVC. (Type of piping will be determined by available reduction couplers), reduction couplers ...say 1.5 x .75, elbows as necessary and valves. Pump will of course need a supply line from the tank and away you go. Just hang it on the back of the tank.
    Rob

thats a nice little setup...so you would jsut take 2 x 90 degree elbom for the suction and have a pump suck the water and back to the manifold?
    Derik...

ya the pump would need its supply from another over the back pickup but there was no room to draw it. I am posting this because a user asked me for some help and ideas. i prefer to direct everything to the board for everyone benefit and input.
    Rob

I think i might try it out Rob....No i dont think..i will try it out...i want to try out the most things that i can so when i get my big tank i know EXACTLY what i want...plus im tired of seeing powerheads.....what about those jacuzzi ports that you had at home.....did you try it on your tank?....id like to have that to direct the flow
    Derik...

No I have no tried them yet but if when I actually have enough stock in the tank to see what's going on with the currents I may if needed. Right now food is staying in the water column a long time and when it dose settle, if uneaten, it rolls down the slop to the front pane where the crabs, or at least the ones with a brain, .. wait for their dinner.
    Rob

ahaha ya thats an easy lunch for them....man that slope concept you got there is phatt!!!!ehehhe
    Derik...

Hmmmmmm I like that idea. OSD. I would like to see that more in depth,as I would like to use that idea. More info,and help,and what size pumps. My tank is 150 gallon.

Thanks,

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Puff .. On a 150 you might want to think about using a pump from the sequence line. I don't think there is a whole lot more to add. Likely the most important thing would be to make sure the manifold is level when it is hung on the tank and that the bottom side of the U tubes are perfectly in line so the units weight is supported by what ever number of them there are in use.
    Rob

How do you connect the U thingie to the T thingie?
    thanks.
    thien

hey Rob Derik was telling me about the jacuzzi ports that you have. I've been looking everywhere for them but I can't seen to find anything like it. Where did you get them. I think they would be a great idea and very nice looking too!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast