Rubbermaid as sump

I thought of using a rubbermaid as a sump. I figured you might be able to save a lot of money rather than buying a real sump or a small aquarium. If you wanted to divide a (let's say 30g rubbermaid) for refug and pump, etc, all you would have to do would be get a 15g rubbermaid and stick it into the larger tub, then glue the edges so that water can't get through. Has anyone tried this?

I was worried about the tub streching too much so I got a 30g tank for $40 instead - and I'll be spending another $15 soon for the glass that's being cut for dividers. The rubbermaids at Walmart are $8 +/-.

Comments?
    "Killed your clownfish? That's 30 days in the electric chair for you!"

I once used a rubbermaid at a sump. it worked fine. I think going with a glass tank is much cleaner looking. Anything that holds water would work really. I built my own 15gallon sump with Ref using 1/8 smoke colour acylic.
    TANK -35 Gallon with 15 gallon sump/fuge
    LIGHTS - T5HO 36" 165 total watts
    FLOW - Mag 7, fluval 304, 201 powerhead
    OTHER - seaclone 100 skimmer, RO/DI water

cool. i think ill be much happier with the glass, as my sump is pretty visable. eventually it will be under my 80 gallon cube, connecting that to my current 55g.
    "Killed your clownfish? That's 30 days in the electric chair for you!"

I did a trickle filter/sump, out of a round rubber maid pail. I think the pail is used normally for a laundry basket. I didn't really care about the looks though as its on my Lagoon/Grow out tank. It holds 30 Gallons, which is made up of 20 pounds of live rock, a heater, and a pump. Mounted at the top in a pail that I have drilled holes into the bottom of, The bio balls are in there, with the filter cotton on top of. The water from the Laggon flows down to this pail/filter. Ther trickles down through the Bio balls to the Rubber maid pail. From here the live rock does its thing, then pumps back up to the Lagoon.