Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank Builders

Tank Builders

I'm toying with the idea of building my own tank if I can. do any of you know of someone who builds tank and will help with the process? I will probaly end up ordering one but just researching my opptions. The most cost effective being the most attractive.

Hey Johnny,

We have a tank builder here in Montreal who built my 220, he's got a good reputation for solid tanks, his name is Ghislain.

ABahn (Otto) had his 180 built by Ghislain and swears by the quality.

I believe the company is called Aqua Marin, PM ABahn and he can give you all the specifics.

Van
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

thanks buddy! I'll do just that.

If you don't mind the drive, try North AAmerican Fish Breeders in Toronto. They have built all my tanks. Thick glass adn very strong. If you need his contact info try the MOPS or aquariumPros bulletin boards....he's very well know and has pretty much catered to all of southern Ontario for quality and pricing.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

tanks

I was actually thinking of ordering the glass and having an expert assemble it here as I wouldn't be able to fit it thru the door. I might have to scale it down to a 4oog

John,
    The builder ( Gyslain) that Van is talking about, also built my tank and will most probably also build my next one. He also built Matt's 1st tank that he recently sold to Van.

Greg

will he work with Starphire? I know the glass companys here order it from Montreal.

I went to Centennial Glass on Industrial Road here in Ottawa, and got a quote of $700 for a standard 180g (6'x2'x2'), 3/8" thick glass, with a starphire front. Unfortunately they won't put a warranty on the work.

Canus Plastics quoted me on the same tank, 1/2" thick cast acrylic, for $1200.

I am sure there are local glass shops who are willing to custom build a tank. The problem is finding the right workmanship and guarantee. I will be looking for more quotes soon.
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

suv

was that with all the holes you'll need and eurobracing and polished edges? I also yacked with them on the phone and I got a higher quote. I'm also a bit worried about them never putting tanks together but hey, I am thinking of building one myself. I still am really leaning towards INTERAMERICAN because the prices IJO can get are very good and Mitch does make a nice tank.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Johnny, what kind of price, if any, did you get on an InterAmerican tank bulit to your specs?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast