Cooling fan procedures?...

So I know many of you install PC fans for cooling either your lighting systems or to expell excess heat and moisture from your cabinets and stands......
    How simple are they to install? Especially with regards to the electrical factor?
    I'm looking to do this installation for my stand to expell heat and moisture in order to avoid cabinet hinge rusting....
    thanks all!.....
    Christophe

i just bought regular desktop fans (small ones) and put one standing on my canopy (blowing across and down) and one standing on top of my sump (which also circulates the air in the cabinet and out the open back)
    Albert
    My Photos

There are PC type fans that you can buy that are 110 VAC that come prewired. These are the simplest way to go.

IceCap (Ivan has them here) has a nice prewired, heat sensitive setup. Not cheap, but, high quality and easy.

Otherwise you can get 12V fans with a power adaptor and wire it up yourself. Not as simple but not too complex. Then you can add your own temperature sensor. This is even less simple.

The standard advice is to set it up so the fan is pushing cool external air onto the water / heat source (not the MH bulb itself, others bulbs are okay).
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

hmmm... cool... thanks for the tips guys.....
    Health Before All :wink5:

I bought a desk top fan at WALMART for $10. can be mounted in a large canopy and is really quiet! its not the best quality but I'll try it out. pushes alot of air! and has 2 settings. the HIGH is to fast though but the LOW is awsome. I'll need to make sure it is secured as its 110v but will be on of course a GFCI outlet. It'll probally rust out in a year but for $10,, we'll see how it goes.

hahah.... good ol' walmart.... or bad ... depending on your point of view on them.... That's not ment to start a rant!
    Johnny Rock... I only have a 24" Long x 20" deep x 36" high wooden stand. I'll need to find something smaller. I like the idea of a plug in 110v for simplicity sake, I'm still designing this Upside down sand bed for hopefull optimum results. I'll have a look at wall mart though!

Cool

I'd just go to RADIO SHACK and get a plug and play cooling fan. they have them for around $20 with a wal wart.

JR ...... sounds even better! thanks...