Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help!! Acrylic Pro Needed

I have a situation, my skimmer had flanges put on [twice!] and there leaking. I need someone to cut my skimmer,and put new flanges on it or just seal the sucker permanent! I'm fed up with leaks! anyone on board here work with acrylic?? we could work out a frag/cash deal.

I could help you out, but I am not an expert. At least it would probably not look as nice as the work of other people I have seen. You can see what I was able to accomplish on the following thread.

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...&threadid=7190

PM me if you think I can be of assistance. This is a hobby for me, not trying to make a living out of it.

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Cutting large diameter tube is TRICKY without cracking it Johnny. Is it leaking through the connections or where the flanges are connected to the tubes?
    Rob

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    Cutting large diameter tube is TRICKY without cracking it Johnny. Is it leaking through the connections or where the flanges are connected to the tubes?
    Rob
    Indeed. Just how large is the diameter of his tube/tubes?
    If the leak is just between the flange and the tube, a good portion of weldon #16 should cure it, I believe.
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

The ONLY sure way to cut up old acrylic tubes is with a stainless steel .040 wire and a 12 volt batterie.That will permit a PErfect cut and enabling perfect gluing
    Derik...

Yes, I can picture this. But maybe it is not that bad and can be fixed a generous portion of #16. We'll see what he says later.

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Yes but he says that he doesnt want it to leak anymore....i would do it once and for all...
    Derik...

I want it cut once and for all I had flanges installed and they were to thin and couldn't be cranked down to seal.
    I had them 'reinstalled'' but the piece was just added to the remaining thin piece, so now its leaking in between these 2 flanges and at a seam as well! I'm fed up with leaks. I can't afford leaks on a 500g system LOL.
    so how can this be fixed? cut,reglued but I imagine a patch [strip] of acrylic will have to wrap around the entire girth of the new seal right? its a LIFEREEF 72'' skimmer. I think its 6 or 8;; diameter.

Johnny, I have no idea what it looks like, but I will do a google search. I am a visual person so I have to see if I can tackle this problem. :hammerhea I am ready and willing to help you out as best as I can. Is it leaking a lot? When do you need this fixed? I have black and clear acrylic 1/4". Let me know if/when I can help you out.

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

THANKS A TON SERGE I have to think about this. its a bigass skimmer and I have to make sure it is done 100% correct or I could have a major system blow out if it explodes. were talking a 500g system I might bring it into CANUS if noone here feels they can gaurentee the work. I bought it used and it cracked in shipping. someone try'd to fix it but its not holding in the long run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast