Thread: Eductors?

Eductors?

Anyone using an eductor in thier tank? They look way easy to make & I'm kicking around the idea of putting them on the returns after my squirt..

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Instead of me searching(im lazy) whats an eductor?

It is a way to take a high pressure, high velocity, low volume flow and convert it to low pressure, low velocity, HIGH volume flow.

It is like a jet nozzle that sucks in water from around it.

I've seen a few DIY ones and yeah, they seem easy. But, do you have a higher pressure pump that isn't giving enough flow? Or too direct a flow?
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

After talking to Ivan, I may end up with too direct flow. Our setups are different though so I'm going to wait until I've finished plumbing to see.

Ivan's solution was to dremel the squirt so that 2 ports were open at a time instead of 1.5.

I was thinking if I had the problem, an eductor would solve the problem and expand the flow pattern better.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Ah. Makes sense. I'm not sure, but, I think ReefVan was working on an eductor for the ReefRats.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.