DIY 70W MH questions

Hi I'm sorry this is an old post but i found it quite interesting.
    FYI,
    I've also used the outdoor floodlights available at RONA for $9.89.
    They come in white, black, or brown fixtures. These don't require any modifications to hold a standard DE 70w bulb.

500 W. Dual clips securely hold lens in place. 1/2-in. IPS mounting arm. Tempered safety glass cover. Bulb included. Clear.
    Did any body try a 70W MH? Are they worth it? Can I put a 150W ballast to run 2 70W MH?

Thanks for your help.

liv
    he Bebitte70,
    to awnser your question on the 150w ballast to run two 70's : no, one ballast per bulb.
    either get 2x 70w ballasts and 2x 70w bulbs or 1x 150w ballast w/ 1x 150w bulb.
    hope that awnsers your question.

I run a few 70w ballasts/bulbs in my sump, its perfect for sumps or nano tanks and the reno/rona housing does work great, but i still like the yellow construction 500w halogen kit instead.. cauz i find it easier to mount.

Thanks Liv, thats what i needed to know. I've got another, lol, can you use a normal (the kind you would find in a hardware store)ballast to run power compacts? I don't think so but maybe i would be wrong. I was hoping because my dad is an electrician and i could you use his.(U cant beat freebies)lol

Thanks again and merry xmas

liv
    that I am not sure at all.
    I would think it would be fine as long as you match the same wattage.. but i might be wrong.. ( and most likely am ), power compacts are not me speciality, sorry.
    I myself would give it a try if you can get them for dirt cheap. wear gloves, protective glasses and go it in a garage.. if anything happens, it would be the fluorescent that would die on you or wont even power up... take this advice lightly, I like trying stuff out.. but i dont always do it in the smartest and safest way lol Cheers and let us know what you end up with.