JHG

10G Lighting Proposal

Hi all,

I was checking out a lighting setup available from AH Supply and was looking for some feedback on what you folks thought. The enclosure with lighting can be seen at the following link - http://www.ahsupply.com/enclosure_photos.htm. Scroll down the page until you find the 20" enclosure.

A 20" Enclosure with a 2 x 36w Bright Kit installed. The 8-facet reflector measures 17.5"L x 7"W x 2"H and fits in this enclosure very nicely. Not such a great photo, but a great lighting setup for a 10 gallon or 15H mini-reef.
    Since it can hold two bulbs I was thikning of including a combo of two of the following bulbs:

1. 36 watt 16.5" Deep Blue 03 bulb
    2. 36 watt 16.5" 10000K/Deep Blue 03 Combo
    3. 36 watt 16.4" Bright Blue
    4. 36 watt 16.5" 10000K

I'm hoping that the above setup would be beneficial for my 10G coral propagation tank project. I need some feedback from you coral freaks out there on bulb combinations. I'm not sure about the manufacturer of the bulbs, so I may need to choose another from a local Cdn source. Not keen on shipping bulbs.

J
    Marine Aquarium Society of Nova Scotia
    www.masns.ca

JHG
    Anyone????
    www.masns.ca

ijo
    That Canopy looks real nice JGH... I think your best to go with Power Compacts... 2 whites... 2 actinics. HTH

IJO

JHG
    Looks as if the kit can handle two bulbs. If you had to choose two, would you choose the 10,000K bulb and the combo bulb? It's purpose is to propagate softies in a 10G. Ivan, do you carry bulbs such as this? You'll have to forgive me... I'm still learning my way around marine lighting.
    www.masns.ca

I've received 2 orders from AH supply, both exceeded my expectations. The bulbs look pretty good, they use workhorse ballasts (at least for the 55 and 96W kits), and the retro kits include every single bit of hardware you need. The reflectors are indeed something else - polished to a mirror shine.

Shipping is fast and very reasonable, everything comes packed well enough to withstand USPS/Canada Posts attentions (exterior boxes mangled and smashed, contents - including bulbs - pristine).

I have no vested interest in AH Supply, except that their retro kits will form the backbone of my lighting for years to come.

I've also ordered from AHSupply(2x96w kits) and will gladly recommend them to any one. In 10 years I have never seen one complaint about AHSupply.