Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Uses for Maxi-Jet suction cups

We all know that the suction cups that are used to mount (guess that's really stick) the maxi-jet to the glass are absolutely useless.....

what other uses are there for the 3 little suction cups?

Let's hear what you're using them for! (keep it clean... :wink5: )
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

ToX
    I dont know what all you guys have against the mj suction cups, mine have been working fine for 6 month...

But I guess you could modify them to clip some nori on them, the suciton cup on my nori clip sucks...

ijo
    the suciton cup on my nori clip sucks...
    Isn't that what they are supposed to do? :speedbana

IJO

As seen in another thread!

I used three if my MJ suction cup sets to hold down my tubing in my QT tank

Cheers
    40G Tank | 150 watt Jager Heater | Super Skimmer 3000 | Maxi-Jet x2 1200 | 192W Total Lighting w/Actinic | 20LBS Live Rock | 50LBS Aragonite | 10 various snails | 13 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs | 2 Ocellaris Clownfish | 1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby | 1 FireFish Goby | 1 Flame Angel | 1 Kid | 1 Wife | 1 Cat

I also use them for...................wait............wife won't let me post them pictures! :wink5: :hysterica :hysterica :speedbana :speedbana

CHeers
    40G Tank | 150 watt Jager Heater | Super Skimmer 3000 | Maxi-Jet x2 1200 | 192W Total Lighting w/Actinic | 20LBS Live Rock | 50LBS Aragonite | 10 various snails | 13 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs | 2 Ocellaris Clownfish | 1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby | 1 FireFish Goby | 1 Flame Angel | 1 Kid | 1 Wife | 1 Cat

Quote Originally Posted by ToX
    I dont know what all you guys have against the mj suction cups, mine have been working fine for 6 month...

But I guess you could modify them to clip some nori on them, the suciton cup on my nori clip sucks...
    Yep...6 months. Just wait...that MJ will eventually fall off the glass. And if the cord isn't tied down to something, that pump could damage your corals.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Quote Originally Posted by pwall
    Yep...6 months. Just wait...that MJ will eventually fall off the glass. And if the cord isn't tied down to something, that pump could damage your corals.
    When I was breaking in my tank my let go! It faced down and blew my substrate all over the place making a super huge mess! After that I swithced to the hangers.

Cheers

Well, let me tell you where all of my 7 maxi-jet brackets and suction cups are... They are in a rubber maid container where I keep some spare fish equipment. They have been in that container since the day I bought the maxi-jet's. I know the big question on all of you mind is "What are the future plans for these 7 maxi-jet brackets and suction cups?".

This may come to a shock to everyone, but... the answer to that question is quite simple... "NOTHING, Absolutly nothing..."

Well, that is my maxi-jet brackets and suction cups story...

Marc
    180G - Reef
    29G - Goldfish

Yeah, mine too are in a storage container with other "spare parts". I use the hanging brackets and the rest of the extra parts from the box went into the storage bin.... Just in case I need them. :biglaugh2

:speedbana
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

I had 3 maxijets in my tank and have been battling with them since day 1! I got so fed up that I went and modified a Hagen 802 to replace the damn maxi's. Now it looks sort of like a Tunze style powerhead and it's freed up a lot of space. I actually get better flow with just the 1 powerhead. But I too am using the suction cups for a nori clip but what I did was tied a piece of string to the suction cups and then tied the nori. That way it floats around for my tangs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast