My Cleaner Shrimp keep dying

Wondering if anyone has run into this situation. A month ago one of my cleaner shrimps molted and lost a leg somehow in the process. A few days later he died. My Nitrates and Nitrites went out of wack (a week later) which caused my 2nd cleaner shrimp to die. I did a 50% water change and managed to get my water parameters back to normal. I tested my water every 2nd day for two weeks straight before I added 2 new cleaner shrimp. It has been exactly a week and 2 days (all parm are perfect) and I lost both my cleaner shrimp. For one I was able to find the body to dispose of it, but I can't find the other one.

How old is the tank? Some tank info might help us give better advise.

The death of a cleaner shrimp should not fowl a tank unless it is a VERY small tank. So IMO there is something else going on in there. Shrimp are pretty sensitive and can or should be seen as a yellow flag when they die for no reason. As dark asked . .how old is the tank, how long did you acclimate the shrimp. from what your saying there you had a mini cycle for some reason.3
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by DARK
    How old is the tank? Some tank info might help us give better advise.
    The tank is about 2 years old, however I've only owned it since December. I purchased the entire contents from a friend including the cycled water. I have a 55 gallon tank, 2 Clown fish, Rainbow gramma, Yellow tang, 9 turbo snails, 2 hermit crabs, and 3 bumble bee snails.

Hrmmmm where are you getting the shrimp from? If everything else is ok why not leave the shrimp out of the tank for a few months and let everything settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK
    Hrmmmm where are you getting the shrimp from? If everything else is ok why not leave the shrimp out of the tank for a few months and let everything settle down.
    The Shrimp came from J&L. I will probably hold off in replacing them like you say for a few months until everything settles down. I'm still new to this whole Salt Water business, so would not having any cleaner shrimp won't affect anything?

They are more for looks really, maybe they might pick at a fish that goes by but you don't need them to have a successful system.