Thread: Lost my Goby :(

Lost my Goby :(

Here is what I posted earlier this morning.

Im so sad right now...I woke up this morning and as always I go over to see how everything is in the tank and to see if I can catch the new Goby out for a spin. The last couple mornings when the lights are off..I have seen him swimmin around for a lil bit. Well...this morning...I could see him sitting in a corner and also swimming around. I grabbed a chair and was just watching him swim around. Then...its almost like I was watching him die right infront of my eyes He slowly stopped swimming and was laying down on the sand. The only time he would move is when a crab would pinch his tail. He then would swim up for a sec..and then let himself fall to the sand and land on his face. He would lie there for a bit and do the same thing again after a couple minutes. It was getting worst and worst as I watched. I had to leave for work..and now Im sitting here sick to my stomach wondering how the lil dood is.

well...I posted a message before on how to treat my new Goby. Im not sure if it was sick the whole time..but I came home to find it dead :bawling:

Does Big Al's offer any money back for a dead fish since I only had it for 3 days?

On another note...the fish was in the water dead for a few hours...is the rest of my tank going to be affected by this?
    I want a bigger tank! :biglaugh2

depends on how he died, if its paracites u might have to worry... but other wise water quality won't be effected that much.

BA i believe has a 1 week guarantee on salt water fish, i may be wrong, i usually am

Last I looked BA's had no guarantee on marine fish only FW. But it's been a few years since I bought any livestock from them.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

if it was parasites..wouldnt my other fish be affected?
    I want a bigger tank! :biglaugh2

I was amazed recently when BA confirmed to me that there is absolutely NO guarrantee on SW fish - no problem returning dead FW fish though :confused-

Yeah that's one of the things that bother me about BAs (Ottawa) as well.

But let's not have this thread deteriorate into yet another BA's bashing thread. We've beat that one to death.

You might get somewhere if you discuss it with the manager, especially if you're willing to buy a replacement from them. The counter to this would be to purchase your replacement elsewhere and let the manager know why you're taking your business elsewhere.

Good luck with it.
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Absolutely no LFS bashing here Krugar - I'm sure they gave that policy much thought before implementing it. Notwithstanding my thoughts on the matter, I will continue to buy from them.