I think my clown is choking?

I just fed my tank and now my clown is swimming around bumping into things and his mouth is wide open??????

I hear chicken bones are bad for them, they can splinter and get stuck in their throats, wait a minute, this isnt the dog forum???

Kidding aside, clowns are teritorial agressive bastards, probably just showing his tank mates whos boss..
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

I lost 3 clowns to Salt Water Velvet. Do you see any mucus-like stuff around mouth and gills? If there's mucus and the fish is breading havily, ther's a big chance it's the velvet. Did you just bought it? If not, did you ad any fish recently? If yes, did you carantine it first?

So I fed my tank last night some small pieces of shrimp and immediatly after my clown who I have had about 5 years started to breath funny and he wouldn't, or maybe couldn't close his mouth. A few minutes after I posted this thread I found him at the front of the glass sitting on the bottom of the tank. I took him out and placed him in a bucket where he later died...I'm so sad. I even tried to take tweezers and see if I could pull the food out...which is what I'm assuming was the problem.

I have fed my tank this way for years but now may only feed them store bought frozen fish food.

Now his tank mate, who I have also had for 5 years is alone should I buy him a new clown buddy? Will this stress him out? What do I do??

Sorry about your loss. I guess he got greedy and tried to swallow a chunk too big for him.

Getting him a clown buddy is a bit of a gamble in which clowns are almost asured to fight. My eperience is, getting a clown much smaller or much bigger is bound to reduce the amount of time it takes for one of them to become submisive to the other. 2 clowns of the same size will often fight to the death of one of them.
    HTH
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER