Is my clown dying?

I have had a clown fish in my tank for years now and he has always been strong and active.

I recently added an BTA to my tank and was hoping he would go to it...but hasnt. So I got another clown to add to the tank to hopefully coax the other clown to the BTA. That plan didnt work...but Ive got bigger issues now.

The new clown I added wasnt eating for a while...I thought it was just a temp thing until he got confertable in my tank....but then he started acting weird. About an hour later I see the clown stuck to the intake part of the power head. I turned the power head off, and the clown swam away. I took him out of the tank to try and save him...but he died soon after that.

Now my clown that Ive had for years started acting weird. He is not eating, and he is sitting in one corner at the bottom of the tank hardly moving with his mouth open. Is there anything I can do to try and save him....??? I dont wanna lose him...he is so awesome.

Someone please help. :bawling:

BTW...everything else in my tank is fine...corals are fine...and my scooter blenny seems to be fine and so is my royal G.
    I want a bigger tank! :biglaugh2

misses his friend maybe

did you qt the fish? maybe he brought a pathogen in the tank unknowingly

yep...qt'd the fish!

I came home tonight to find Nemo sleeping..so he's still alive! I hope he can kick whatever it is that is bothering him.

well he's still alive...He is keeping his mouth wide open though, and is still acting kinda strange. I hope he fights off whatever it is thats happening

This is a "home remedy" so YMMV... Anyway, all the big pet supply stores sell a garlic extract. Garlic juice contains a (very) mild broad specturm anti-biotic. It's hard to get into the fish, but it's better than doing nothing and it won't hurt anything in the tank.

I also suggest keeping your water parameters as pristine as possible. Run carbon and / or polyfilter if you can.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

thanks K..Ill try that..like you said...better then doing nothing

liv
    ya.. boost up is food ( if you dont already do that ).
    add selcon, add garlic extract as Krugar mentionned ( or make your own.. using fresh pressed garlic ).. mix your food with that solution.. let it sit for a half hour.. and serve..
    do that for a good week.. should make him feel like its xmass everyday.