Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clwon Fish

Unhappy Clwon Fish

I found out last night that my clown fish has a white dot under the fin, what should I do? It happen 1 month ago and I catch him and do the fresh water bath, I don't want to do it again because I feel that when I catch him, I stress the whole tank. Any solution? Someone told me that it is normal, just leave it, should I listen to them?
    :028:

It ain't about how you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward

could you post a picture? might help

I can try but not easy, my clown always hide behind the tank.

It ain't about how you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward

It's hard to say without a picture, but small white dots usually means ick. if you notice a few more developing over the next few days i would treat the system. or a uv light helps stop initial population. If you have corals and invertebrates i would use protomarin coral treatment. its a gentle cure for inital stage diseases. if you dont have corals or inverts, i would skip to proto marin intensiv. both made by aquarium munster.

Smile

if its one dot and has been there a month I'D just wait and see. any other fish? feed the clown well and use garlic drops on food.

Thanks everyone, I check the clown tonight and it seem the white dot gone, wired. I will pay more attention to him about this. The lucky thing is no other fish has problem.

liv
    i'm with john, garlic will do wonders.
    try to incorporate it to every feedings if you can.. and this forever.
    its a good general practice.
    you can simply take fresh garlic and use a regular garlic pressing thingy... he he
    and mix it in the food.. wait a bit and give it to your fish.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Thanks Liv, sometime I did on the frozen food, I will do more on the flake one. Thanks for the advise.

liv
    also, flakes aren't all that good.
    you should try to make your own batch of food.
    its not that hard to do and will cost you less on the long run.

basically mix garlic, selcon, raw uncooked shrimp, smelt or other whitefish,
    them dump all into a bole, add unfrozen mysid packs and cyclopeeze and spirulina.
    mix together. wait ~1h for juices to blend in. then make yourself either ice cubes or just zip lock bags with this stuff and serve as usual

search for my thread on diy food if you need more details.
    adjust proportions to your tank's inhabitant's needs.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

powder18

my achilles still have some ich seems ok a bit now but like you guys said mix with garlic liquid or soak to fish food it works well though and i also bring down the salinity level to 0.22. i normaly kept my salinity between 0.23 to o.24. i dont find or any re action on my coral frags so l'll let it keep that salt level until my achilles get to used to it. :b11:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast