Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White spots on emperor???

Who can tell me what those white spots are on my emperor its seams that he is getting more and more.Could it be malnutrition....i feed marine cuisine,squid,brine shrimp and angel formula.

ich ?
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

im not sure what is going on with this fish volitan. it dont look like ich. If i were you, i would try to find a home for your fish until you can do some extensive testing of your water, or let your tank run fishless for a while. it seems like you have been having more bad luck than you should be. you know what i mean? you lost a lion, and i forget what exact problems you had before but there seems to be a water quality issure in your tank for sure. Just my opinion tho. i have no time to look back at your posts from before but it seems like you've been having too much bad luck. it would be nice to hear from the experts on this though. why dont you put up a post on reef central as well. you will get a load of replies.
    HTH

but all my other fishes are in excellent health
    Derik...

Volatan .. all the other fish are healthy FOR NOW. You lost your Lion fish not too long ago to a bacterial infection and if there is NO sign that this is ICK that bacteria could still be in active in your tank and affecting your fish as they come in contact with it. This looks like "White Blotch Disease" even if the fins are not fully involves yet. It is different then "White Spot Disease" in that the spots are somewhat larger and Grey to white in color and it spreads slowly until the entire body, inside and out is involved. If it is White Blotch its cause is unknown but believed to be bacterial at the time of the printing of this particular book. It is also considered fairly contagious. Treatment is with copper or zinc sulfate. Also recommends giving food that is soaked in aureomycin.
    GET A UV UNIT BUD!!!!!
    Rob

i just bought a diatom filter today should i get a uv light too
    Derik...

i dont think a diatom filter is the answer

i give them selcon too
    Derik...

So whats your sugestions?I get a uv unit and quarantine my emperor....a 10 gallons is enough?
    Derik...

I am not sure if a Diatom filter will catch bacteria ??? I do know that UV kills all bacteria that pass the light. They work SOOO well at killing the stuff that comes in contact with the light that many people do not like them. The diatom filter is a great tool in any case for time to time water polishing. If you run that filter for 8 hours on your tank you will be amazed at how crystal clear and crisp the water will look. For myself ... UV is the way to go because there is no wondering if the filter is set up right or whether it will or will not catch everything you want it to.
    Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast