lawnmower blenny with white film on his eye

i just noticed that my lawnmower blenny with white film on his eye , he didn't have it yesterday. He is still acting normal , eating algae off of my glass, and pecking on the sandbed. All my other fish are doing great. I have a dwarf hawkfish and he has been chasing the blenny around alot. can that be it???

Personallly i would give him a freshwater bath for 5 mins.Same temp and ph as your tank.I think that stress could cause that if he is beeing chased around
    Derik...

I dont know if I agree with the bath. Especialy if you think stress is causing it, the bath would make the fish even more stressed. If the fish is eating and acting normal I would leave it for now. Youd be surprised how tuff those blennys are. They are like prehistoric. Well Im not sure but they sure look like they are not too far geneticaly from those fish who can come out for a walk now and again, and those would have to be prety tuff fish
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

doest it also have little white spots on the film?i would leave it a little but not too long.I dont think its too good to leave too long ,especially if its a parasite.

Freshwater bath stresses the fish yes but it think that having a film on its eyes if worse and freshwater bath is alot better than meds too.
    Derik...

add garlic extract ti its food with selcon.just boost up food with what i said.

good idea too but i wouldnt add the both together
    Derik...

if this issue with the eye is the result of the fish running into something while be chased around then treating it is not likely necessary because there would be nothing to cure. Keep a close watch over this fish for other symptoms before you panic and start treatment. Cure the chasing issue as well so he can settle down and heal up.
    Rob

just thinking about that,,,i have a lawnmower blennie and he doesnt eat any food that i throw in the aquarium.HE just eats nori weed and the algea off the rocks so it would be difficult to give him garlic.

I you are sure there is parasite present on your fish and after you cured the chasing problem i would give him a freshwater bath.It think this is a very effective treatment ive did it numerous times because i had some type of parasites in my tank before i added my uv light.The fish that died and that the freshwater bath wasnt effective it was because they hAd internal parasites and infections and it was too late.The rest of them worked like you wouldnt even beleive.

The parasites littarelly explodes in freshwater they cannot survive it.It has to be 5 to 6 minutes not less it does not work.and dont do it more than twice a week max.
    Derik...

i just saw my powder blue tang chase him as he was picking on the glass....i think that they don't get along

Do you have alot of rocks?does he have alot of hidding places?Its kinda odd that 2 fishes are chasing him.Mabe they see that hes sick.How long have had those fish?
    Derik...