Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fishes has some sort of bubble eyes. HELP?

Hi, as i got home today from work, i've notice that my purple tank has bubble eyes...
    It looks like he has an extra layer of lenses over his eyes?

Also, my reading on the Temperature History was reading highest 83c lowest 74.5c (i was thinking maybe the tank is too hot and the fishes are stressing?)
    Newbie in training

are his eyes bubbled or foggy? or both?
    Rob

they look foggy
    on both eyes, i tried feeding him today and he knows where his food are. so im assuming he's not blind.
    Newbie in training

What is the span of time from your tempature swings.What are your other parameters?

What type and size of tank?What other fish do you have in there?What do you feed?How long has the tank has been running?

I would go with a freshwater bath personnaly,same ph and same tempature.5 minutes min. to 6 minutes max.

MAKE SURE ALL YOUR PARAMETERS ARE GOOD.

If your temp.swings is within hours I see a big problem there.

What do you think Rob?
    Derik...

cloudy eyes is almost alway the first signs of ether bacteria infection, early sign of pending Cryptocaryon infection, white spot disease or Oodinium. I would keep a VERY close eye on this fish. If there is no improvement in 24 to 36 hours move him to a QT tank. Like us and all animals the eyes heal VERY quickly and if no improvement is seen in 24 to 36 hours start a treatment for infection in a different tank. how long ago was your last addition to this tank?
    Rob

I had that problem with my lionfish and my heniochus and a freshwater bath did the trick......Personnaly with the experience i had,i realize that stress was likely the cause of it
    Derik...

the proper fresh water bath is always a good idea and can be done between the display setup and the QT during the move.
    It disappoints me (nothing personal) to see post after post about diseases when most are not using a QT or a UV

Rob

I completely agree with you rob.I learned my lesson once and it cost me alot of money and alot of grief.

Maybe a thread would be nice to start.......I know theres already one that is started about who is using one but maybe we can gather some info together about uv and quarantine and post it......

I also found that fish do not like alot of changes often,it stresses them out and they are alot more prone to catch any little bad bacteria.If you added new fish or new live rock etc not quarantined or uv'd the stressed fish catches it.Especially tangs are prove to that.

IMO the best QT is with a uv light installed.
    Derik...

So how about those parameters koa
    Derik...

My Anthias had the same symptoms on its eyes,I soaked the food in Garlic and it was gone in a week about.

Garlic contains allicin. Allicin possesses strong anti-oxidant properties which promote enhanced health through elimination of dangerous free radicals.

Remember those vampire films well garlic worked well to get rid of them...:errr:
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast