Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ick Ick Ick

Ick Ick Ick

My hippo tang developed ick 2 weeks ago so I put him in a QT tank. At this point Im not sure what to treat him with, copper or hyposalinity. Any suggestions.

i know i am anoying with this but you should consider a uv light it will greatly reduced your chances of geting it again..i would put it in the quarantine were you fish is for now.......are you sure its ick......any pict.....does it look like grain of salt?
    Derik...

Volitan makes a good point. If that is not an option for you I'd go with hyposalinity. Check out this link that Tang Man posted

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...t=hyposalinity

I think it would be a more natural way of getting rid of desease than to use medication. I personnaly don't have any experience doing this but this is what I plan on doing in my QT tank.

My 2 cents,

Steph

Its ick. I know a uv light would help but we are saving up to buy a good skimmer.

I read abit about hyposalinity but wonder which is best.

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/tr...s/default.html

this is a very informative site.....he is very knolagable an gave me some real good info...you can also email him with your problem and a picture too...it might take a day or 2 to respond because he i in autralia
    Derik...

Any cleaner shrimp in the tank?

Does any other fish have ick

Have you done a good water change latley?

Are you feed garlic soated frozen foods to teh fish?

Thanks for that link Derik.

We have 2 cleaner and one bloodred shrimp, no other fish show signs of ick. Im nearing my water change date(next week). Im unsure what kinds of food to feed the fish, right now I feed flakes, mysis and nori. Can you buy garlic soaked foods or does one diy?

I usually add a couple of garlic drops and 0.5 ml of selcon to the mysis mix once a week prior feeding.

Is the fish allowing the cleaner shrimp to clean him.

I'll try and get some garlic tonight but whats this selcon stuff? Sorry noob here. Yes the hippo would allow the shrimp to clean him off, most mornings he didnt have the spots on him at all(he got them later in the day) but now since his in QT and I thought I would have to treat with copper I didnt add a cleaner shrimp to the tank.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_....asp?ast=&key=

AS far as the QT I have no good informatoin to add. I believe that they usually cause alot of stress on the fish and may cause more damanage than good. IMO

OSD seems to have a lot about QT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast