Thread: fin rot help

fin rot help

hi I new to this site and any help in this matter is very well helpful last weekend i bought 2 dwarfs gourmani's they are about 1 1/2 long and it started out with my bigger blue gourmani's trying to bit 1 of the tails on the dwarf's then( 1 week later ) noticed the 2 angels getting tail rot tried to treat it with maracyn treatment but in only 1 day my both angels died can any one give me any help with a better medicine or prevention .after 48hrs dwarf still alive in another tank other dwarf staying on bottom of tank my big tank is a 75 gal with double filter and have a bubbler in it full length ( 48 inch ) had no trouble with this before i added the dwarfs
    before i lose any more fish

Sounds like a fresh water setup?? I am not up to speed on fresh water disease and would need more setup information to even guess as to what is going on.
    Rob

virtually all cases of fin rot are precipitated by stress, fear or poor environmental conditions.MArycyn is not a medication of choice for me anymore as it NEVER even came close to help any of my sick fish,fresh or salt.It seamed that melafix in my fresh set up seamed to ease them and a few times correct the problem......Fin rot can sometimes clear itself up if water conditions improve.Treatment can be as simple as a strong salt bath. For fish like livebearers that like salty water can go up to a tablespoon per gallon for a period of time. Watch them for signs of lethargy, and remove in about 15-20 minutes.

But Like rob said....set up and parameter info would be nice.
    Derik...

file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/new%20fish%20tank%20&%20stand.JPG
    hope this works it is my 75 gal tank and home made oak stand tank measurements
    48x 18x 20

opps dont work

how can i post pic of my tank setup on here ?

go in post a reply on the bottom right of this page
    Derik...

Heres the pic of your tank....I would definatly add more Rock..lava rocks...and other things for hidding places...
    Derik...

yes it on going thing that i'm looking in too i've got more rocks and plants in it now about 25 % i think i'll send a pic next week wanting to go shopping tomorrow think roy's pet shop in kingston or to ottawa