Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Small white spots on CBB

Yup... on his fins, (tail and side fins).. VERY small white specks... there seems to be about over 50 of them.. not sure if it's ick?..

first thing I would do after a couple white spots is try soaking some food in garlic.

It will probably not help a fish terribly suffering terrribly from ich but a couple of spots will clear up in 24 hours I've found.
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.

Good advice from putz.
    I cant tell from the pics weather or not its ich, deffinatly a good idea to start dipping foods in garlic.

I have a tang with ich and i feed him a couple of times a day with garlic dipped mysis. I barely ever see any spots on him anymore. Just a couple now and again. Realy minimal, hes realy healthy and doing quite fine with ich. My 2 clowns have never even had a spot on them.(theyre known to be more resistant) I wouldnt stress about it. The other good thing about garlic dipped food is it will enhance appetite, you might get him to eat frozen foods more quickly this way, which for these slightly finicky fish, would be a good thing. My 2 cents, hth.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Currently my CBB is not eating the frozen foods I put in.. just picking off rocks...ect.
    When you say Garlic.. do you mean a fresh clove of garlic crushed up?

I dont even crush it, I cut the clove into chunks and put a bit of water in with the frozen food in a small bowl and let it sit in there with a saran wrap covering it in the frige. I usualy make a batch that will last a week or so in the frige. I feed using a spoon to scoop out the food and try not to get any garlic in the tank. Its not a big deal if you get garlic in the tank its just useless and dirties your water, this is why cutting big chunks is the way, eazier to avoid with the spoon while scooping up the food. Garlic just might enhance his appetite, the other fish will go crazy for it, do you have mysis shrimp? Ive read CBBs enjoy it very much, and if you garlic dip it he'll stuff himself sillyhth
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

One of the bigger problems is some fish never learn to look up for food. He's likely checking out the rocks & the sand, which is where he expects the creepy crawlies he eats to hang out.

You might try thawing the mysis in a cup of tank water. Add garlic & selcon to the mix while it's thawing if you like (soak for at least 5 minutes).

Then turn off your circulations pumps and get out the turkey baster. "Paint" the live rock with frozen mysis.

Give the CCB a couple minutes before you turn the pumps back on.

Dunno if it'll work, but at least the food will be where he expects it to be

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Your PIC is not clear enough to confirm ICH. If it is ICH it will look like grains of salt embedded in the fish's flesh or sitting on the surface of the fins.
    Rob

The first thing I could get my CBB to eat was scallop, get it lower in the water not just floating.

Well I still haven't got him to eat frozen foods.. tried scallops too. Tried turning off all current and putting the food on the rocks as well.. didn't work

I think my only other option would be to buy/make live foods?

Also, three ick spots have grown pretty large as well Have been feeding all the other fish with garlic, but since the CBB won't eat the frozen foods.. he's not getting the garlic either.. any other suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast