Thread: helpppp

Question helpppp

whats happened to my coral beauty?
    3 days ago his back tail looked a little bit shredded . Like if someone took the sissors to it and gave it a few snips. Then a day after he was perfect as if it healed over night. Now 2 days later all of his fins are lie it and he look in rough shape. I have a lobster also and it looks as if he got ahold of his while he was sleeping or something. Probly not it. But all my levels are fine and no other fish seem affected. I have had him for around 4 months now and te tank is close to two years old????

hhhmmmm, sounds like he's getting picked on for sure! Could be the lobster, is he new? Anything else new to the tank?
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

the is a spanish hognose wrasse in there and he has killed a fish before. Any tricks to catch a quick fish??
    ive been trying to catch him for months now.
    i just checked my nitrate and it is really high. like off the chart high. But i dont know if i can trust my testers. I will bring a sample down to lfs tuesday to see what they have to say. hes still swimming around fine but hes hiding alot.I thinkits the hognose that bastard. I will remove some rock now and try to catch him

I bet its your lobster, especialy if this is happening over night.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Angry

forgive me father for i have sinned.....ahha welll i will find out if it was the wrasse.
    and the lobster is going into the sump as soon as i move into my new house. 2 weeks or less..cant wait.
    i might be going to hell after that showing

Quote Originally Posted by seabas2
    the is a spanish hognose wrasse in there and he has killed a fish before. Any tricks to catch a quick fish??
    ive been trying to catch him for months now.
    i just checked my nitrate and it is really high. like off the chart high. But i dont know if i can trust my testers. I will bring a sample down to lfs tuesday to see what they have to say. hes still swimming around fine but hes hiding alot.I thinkits the hognose that bastard. I will remove some rock now and try to catch him
    If your nitrate and for that matter other peramiters are too high it is time to do some water changes. Poor water conditions can affect the fins and slime coatings on fish by ""chemicilly burning" these sensative tissues. Poor water conditions will also lenghten recovery times when damage has occured.
    Rob