Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick Clown Fish

Sick Clown Fish

It seems eventually all my clown fish start to slow down, hover along the bottem of the tank, and get these small white specs on them. I assume it's ick.

All my other fish seem to be fine though. My other fish are just cheap cycle fish, different types of damsels, but they seem to be perfectly fine. I have had 3 different clowns. One died, and one was eaten by an old hermit crab I had and since got rid of.

A couple weeks ago I got a new one. It was bigger then the others we got, and seemed to be fine up till a few days ago. It seems to have lost its color in spots, and again some white spots. Today they are not as bad as a few days ago however.

I tried to take a pic of it, which is below. I was curious if anyone can verify if this is ick or not, and if so what I should try and do to treat it. I have a tank I can use to try and cure them.

I just need to know the process. I suppose if it is ick all fish would be effected, and but they don't seem to have the same symptoms as the clown. Anyway any info is appreciated.

Let me guess Pet paradise???

This was was. First two were from Pet Cetera. Have you had a similar problem with a clown from PP?

my first 2 died within a week. Second purchase 6 mos later 1 died and i am dealing with 1 sick one left.

What is it sick with? Ick?

no, looks like an abrasion or something on its lower jaw.

It kinda looks like Marine Velvet. There was an amazing product to clear this up but unfortunatly it is no longer available. It was called "Green X" by Aquatronics. If you can get your hands on some of that......It a green liquid that works similar to "Ick Guard" for Freshwater. I had the same problem with my Clown and that cleared him up.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Is this reef/coral/live rock safe, or do I need to use it in a quarantine tank?

I've used it in my Coral tank a few times. All the corals shriveled up and the fish don't like it much, but it never affected anything. Turns the water green for a while.

Correction......It's called "Greenex". If you find someone who is carrying it, please let me know, I have been looking for a while now.

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast