Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angel fish with hole in stomac

What are the chances of nursing back an angel fish with a hole on the side of his stomac?

IMO not good. angels are not the easiest fish to keep when healthy. if its at the LFS, leave it there IMO.

give us somemore details? what kind of angel is it, how long has it been like it? do you have any pics of it? it doesnt sound good.....are you sure it communicating with the gut or just through the muscle layers.

I ran home for lunch and snapped a couple of pics. This was the best I could do in so little time. You can almost make the hole out. Its the flesh just before that last white line, you can see the broken flesh.

Kinda sucks but I think you should ummm you know ease the fish's pain.

Hey flycut...Sorry to here about your Koran. The pic is not very detailed, but I'll give it a go. Is it actually a hole? Is the fish still eating? It looks like lymphocystis to me. Do a search, decide for yourself. Lymphocystis is a viral infection and commonly found on large angels. There is no known cure. But, in my experience, and I've seen lymphocystis on many large angels. It is usually caused from the fish living in poor water quality in a holding facility. The Six Line Wrasse will clean lymphocystis off fish. I introduce a Six Line whenever I see this on a fish. Within a week....its gone. We see this occasionally on new specimens collected from the wild. The Six Line Wrasse is a good addition to any aquarium....and not just for Flatworm control.

Things are looking very promising for this beautiful fish. He is now feeding very well and has become much more active and curious. He also appears to have completely healed. Sorry had to use flash to take pics, he is way too fast and my qt doesn't have much light.

Congratz on the fish doing better

Very cool to hear! He's a amazing looking fish too.

Cheers
    40G Tank | 150 watt Jager Heater | Super Skimmer 3000 | Maxi-Jet x2 1200 | 192W Total Lighting w/Actinic | 20LBS Live Rock | 50LBS Aragonite | 10 various snails | 13 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs | 2 Ocellaris Clownfish | 1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby | 1 FireFish Goby | 1 Flame Angel | 1 Kid | 1 Wife | 1 Cat

ya hes a beauty i love the koran i hope you have a big tank for when he gets older and the adult colouring is really nice too!! well done on the healing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast