Thread: sick clown???

sick clown???

Today before i went to work i noticed that my clownfish was lying on its side on the sand motionless almost. I could only see the back half of the clown becasue it was behind a rock. My heniochus and false lemon peel were fine. I thought it had died. Then when I came home 7 hours later to my surprise I see him swimming around again. It which was eating fine and had no symptoms of anything the night before. What do you think it is?
    I have a 55 gallon fowlr with no sump/fuge running for 1 and half years .
    Has this happen to anyone?
    Any help would be nice thanks

maybe taking a nap... gettting confortable...

my clown would lie in his host anemone (carpet) and stay motionless as it sleeps, the carpet would wrap around him, and many times i thought it was eating the poor clown as it did my yellow tang (full grown)

If he is swimming around and looks fine now then he was napping. Freaked me out 2 months back when after a month of owning my 2 clowns I saw them doing the exact same thing, laying in the sand. I posted here and everyone said they was snoozing. Now I see them do it all the time, laying in the sand at night or early morning.

Cheers
    40G Tank | 150 watt Jager Heater | Super Skimmer 3000 | Maxi-Jet x2 1200 | 192W Total Lighting w/Actinic | 20LBS Live Rock | 50LBS Aragonite | 10 various snails | 13 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs | 2 Ocellaris Clownfish | 1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby | 1 FireFish Goby | 1 Flame Angel | 1 Kid | 1 Wife | 1 Cat

thank god..i though he was a sick...i love that little guy...but why does it seem like it takes so much effort for a clown to swim, seems like they struggle...or is that just the way they are??
    My clown is swimming around fine now and eating :biglaugh2