Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Additions Any Info i might need to know

Ok well its off to the next step now that the tank has been running for a while . So i have purchased a small Lionfish(volitan), A yellow tang, and a Royal Gramma. The tang and lion are out and swimmin around havent seen the gramma since i put him in (is this normal?) The Tang is awesome i kinda just bought it cause it was there and cheap, but im really impressed with it.
    Im feeding them omega 1 super veggie kelp flakes and O.S.I. marine flake food and throwing in a couple ghost shrimp for my lion.All were recomended by my fish guy. Ive done some research prior to buying ,but is there anything special i should know

ps 135 gallon tank with LR and 4 blue damsels which the lion keeps his eye on but they were for help with the cyle so there no loss if he can catch them . cause ive tried to to return them but theres no way they can be caught lol

hmmm no info yet . i must be the perfect reefer lol ya right :hysterica

Grammas are fairly secretive, especially when first moved to a new tank. Not sure how well it will do with aggressive fish like the lion and damsels.

Is the lion eating? I've never kept one but have read that some refuse to eat unless the food is live. People sometimes put dead shrimps, etc. on wood sticks and play with it to make the lion think it is live.

Tangs like fresh algae (like Nori).

Good luck. Keep us informed on your progress.
    Nick

ya the loin is eating. I fed him some live ghost shrimp and i have some freeze dried shrimp im trying to get him to eat. The Gramma is still MIA havent seen him since i put him in the tank. he went right to the rock work and the was the last time i seen him.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Your Gramma and damsels will be a nice meal for that lion one day, if it hasn't happened already that is. I'm guessing that this is not a reef setup?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Well i was told that the gramma would be to fast for the lion. i know theres a chance he could get eaten. As for the damsels he's been chasin them (quite funny to watch him) he sucks as a predator :speedbana

lion fish

He won't suck as a predator for too long. He will eventually get anything it can swallow. It could take a long time or they may be gone by next weekend. Good luck.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by joeyt66
    Well i was told that the gramma would be to fast for the lion. i know theres a chance he could get eaten. As for the damsels he's been chasin them (quite funny to watch him) he sucks as a predator :speedbana
    I have no idea who told you that the lion won't catch the gramma, but they lied to you. that lion WILL catch the gramma he has no chance.
    that being said
    Lions are So amazing, they will use their fins to corner the gramma, and faster then you can imagine he's gone.

i've seen larger damsels in with lions, but i will definatly tell you that your lion will grow faster then they will and watch out. sometime their eyes are bitter then their stomachs when they are young.
    i highly reccomed you remove them before its too late, damsels have very sharp and strong dorsal fins which will stand Streight up when the lion gets it in his mouth (they don;t want to goto the stomach and who blames them)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/BramX/trip173.jpg

the lion here is about 3inches long and he has a full grown Black molly in his mouth. hanging out)

hope you can get those fish out or the lion out before one of them becomes lunch
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

oh one more thing.

if you can i would try every day to get the lion to eat frozen food
    rememer use a feeding stick or something long
    I know he looks cute and small, but he will get big
    I made the mistake of feeding by hand and he doesn't care if i have the food with chop sticks he goes right by to my fingers.
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Would shrimp be good for him. Ifeed my piranha from a frozen shrimp ring bought at walmart frozen food section?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast