Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

aneomone in a box?

Is there any chance that the Tube Anemone for sale here at AC will make a good host for my Ocellaris Clown?

Also, since I live in the country I have to drive to the post office to get any packages. Am I just asking for trouble trying to mailorder an anemone through a country postoffice?

Tube anemone will eat your clown if anything touches it tanticle
    Newbie in training

tube anemones are host anemones, but i don't think they'll eat clowns... i would not order livestock if ur out in the middle of no where, unless u can reach where ever u needed to go within 45min-1hr drive

I own a tube anemone for over a year and that thing eats any fishes that comes near it.
    Newbie in training

Also Tube anemone are not host anemone.
    Newbie in training

Thanks guys. It looks like the tube anemone is not what I am looking for.

Are tank raised/propagated anemone something that AC is able to offer for sale?

Khoa is 100% right in that tube anenomes will kill and if possible eat fish shrimp even kill horseshoe crabs emeralds etc.
    BTW Khoa its doing great would luv to find another tube or two of diff color to place in the sand in the reef tank that your tube lives in.

They are indeed the most beautiful anemone you can find. Also, they are very durable species you can almost cannot kill them.

If i have room in my 220g i will definitly put another one with some sort of cage to protect fish from comming near.
    Newbie in training

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfish
    Thanks guys. It looks like the tube anemone is not what I am looking for.

Are tank raised/propagated anemone something that AC is able to offer for sale?

I'm not too certain if Aquaria can get cultures anemone but you can always pm him and ask him. I'm sure you can find some here in the classified add section as i have seen them for sale in the pass.
    Newbie in training

Talk with IJO. I was there last Friday picking up a clown fish for my 20g. He talk to me about a anemone that would stay small and that the clown would host..... but I can't remember what it was?

The only catch is that IJO told me to wait a year before getting one. He told me that they will only survive in a well established tank.
    P.S. I'm french so I never make any typos......they are actual mistakes :sorry:
    I'm not in a rush.....but I am on a budget! :bigcry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast